dust/debris on DLSR sensor

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
The last few years my Canon 30D seems to attract so much dust/debris of the sensor, it is starting to become annoying. I only have one DSLR camera, but two lens' (Canon 28-135mm IS and 70-200mm F4L IS) and I try and change the lens' a infrequent as possible, but still there is dust. I have had the camera and the 70-200mm looked at in Fixation as I thought there might be a 'seal' problem, but no. I was just wondering if dslr camera's loose their 'seal' the older they get? I have just had the sensor cleaned yet again (locally) and they have put a anti static coating on the sensor to try and alleviate this problem.

anyone else constantly having their sensor cleaned?

Clean it yourself. Just read up on it first. Tons of stuff on the internet about it. You don't need to pay anyone to do it. Sensors are NOT the ultra sensitive, easily damaged things internet idiots would have you believe. The biggest risk is to your shutter if it accidentally closes when you've got something in the way, so read your manual regarding this. Do NOT just use "B" to open your shutter.

I use the Lensmen SensorKlear and it works a treat for me, not done (didn't fancy) a wet clean, but this works well for me...

Back