Duxford Airshow - 23.09.2017

All I can say is wow, what a set. Number 1 & 4 really are the stand out ones for me, makes my efforts seem quite poor. If you don't mind me asking what lens was you using for these?? Thanks

Thanks. :) I was using the 200-500. Numbers 2 and 8 are with the 1.4 TC attached.

some great shots
i find my 200-500 a really good lens for image quality
i have the tc1.7 but never used it on it yet

1 and 4 for me are the stand out ones, shame about the sky but cant do much about that!

Great shots!

GC

Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing.

Could you give me an idea of your Lightroom workflow for these images please?

I was also at the show on Saturday and have lots of images I need to process and could do with some tips.

I don't think i've ever seen such a crisp, sharp set of aviation photos. WOW! That must be some serious kit you have. My Nikon 300MM F4 prime pales into insignificance.

Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing.

Could you give me an idea of your Lightroom workflow for these images please?

I was also at the show on Saturday and have lots of images I need to process and could do with some tips.

Thanks. I do all of my editing in Lightroom. I make sure I’ve got the correct white and black point, tweak the exposure and add some contrast and a little clarity. Altering the shadows/highlights is a must when dealing with tricky light but be careful not to overdo it as it can end up looking ‘overcooked’. The de-haze adjustment in LR can be a huge help with flat looking skies but you need the dynamic range within your RAW file to start with. Part of some of the skies where a/c were heading into the sun are completely burnt out, this is wheee getting the exposure as correct as possible in-camera is a must. I’ll try and add some before/after screenshots when I get a spare ten minutes. A final sharpen and I’m done.

I don't think i've ever seen such a crisp, sharp set of aviation photos. WOW! That must be some serious kit you have. My Nikon 300MM F4 prime pales into insignificance.

Cheers. I was using a D810 and a 200-500. I’m so
pleased with the results that the lens produces that I sold my 500 f4.

Back