Duxford - Battle of Britain Anniversary

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Just finished off sorting through these shots from last September! Hope you like....

JG-15-70418.jpg

JG-15-70546.jpg

JG-15-70602.jpg

JG-15-70784.jpg

JG-15-71132.jpg

JG-15-71212.jpg

JG-15-71494.jpg

JG-15-71536.jpg

I was going to say WOW at the first pic, then I saw number two, and three and............wow a fantastic set, all of them are fantastic.....WOW........thanks for the post.

BUT
Whats going on with the left wheel on number two, yellow stripe

Last edited:
I was going to say WOW at the first pic, then I saw number two, and three and............wow a fantastic set, all of them are fantastic.....WOW........thanks for the post.

BUT
Whats going on with the left wheel on number two, yellow stripe
It's the propeller tip!

Wow! An excellent set, fab (y)

You got some really great shots, well lit and lovely colours - takes me back to the airshow, took father in law and we had a great day :)

Lovely set there, if you don't mind me asking what camera and lens?

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. There's another 200+ shots from this show on my site now!

Lovely set there, if you don't mind me asking what camera and lens?

It was a Canon 1DX and a Canon EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x.

I hired the lens for the show, but have to admit I was so impressed I purchased one over the winter. I loved the flexibility & image quality but the trade off is its weight, its tough to hand hold all day. Tried a Wimberley head at the Abingdon show last week but struggled with panning and reverted to hand holding yesterday at Shuttleworth. I've made the decision I will now be selling my 300mm f/2.8 IS and 1.4x & 2x teleconverters which have been my airshow setup for the last decade. Will be sad to see them go, but I can't justify keeping them.

Fabulous selection of images there

Great set of photos! I live 10 miles from Duxford and have never been to an Airshow :(. Missed the one yesterday, hopefully they'll be some photos on here as it was good weather for it.

Back