Duxford - My Take

You've certainly nailed the rotars on that Sea King.. best I've seen….excellent. Another great example of panning and right shutter speed in the last two.

You've certainly nailed the rotars on that Sea King.. best I've seen….excellent. Another great example of panning and right shutter speed in the last two.

Thanks for the kind words, John. The sea king was tricky, a minor stroke of luck involved too.

When the weather is poor I often throw caution to the wind and crank the shutter speed down, it really makes you focus on moving smoothly.

Nice selection
Are these handheld shots?

As said, good slow shutter speed work on this, what lens/body combo are you working with? I have the same yak shot on my Sunday thread from the other side.

Ben

As said, good slow shutter speed work on this, what lens/body combo are you working with? I have the same yak shot on my Sunday thread from the other side.

Ben

I'm using the 1Dx and a 200-400.

I'm not a big fan of the naughty field. I get the joke regarding light but I worry about something going in over there (the skyraider was lucky not to a few years ago) or the pilots, some of them my friends, being robbed of an option in an emergency. Also all your take off shots have the crowd / hangars in the background.

That said, it's up to you guys if you want to go over there :)

Thanks both for the kind comments.

Back