DXO Optics Pro 11 bizzarreness...

Name
Eloise
Edit My Images
Yes
Curious if anyone else has found this ... trying (the Free Gift version) of DXO Optics Pro 11 ... it recognises my camera (D750) but strangely it says some of the photos were taken with Sigma 105mm f/2.8 which I don't have!

DXO Bizzarre.png

Anyone else had this? Just curious really.

It mistakes my Nikon 500 f4 VR + TC 1.4ii for the newer 500 F4 FL + TC 1.4iii but it doesn't seem to cause any major issues and I've been very impressed with what the software can do. In its 'Auto' mode it does some good work but with the manual settings it is quite powerful, I am liking the spot-weighted lighting option which works well.

im finding it excellent apart from it said some of my hard drive settings won't function optimally with it which ive no idea what it means.

Curious if anyone else has found this ... trying (the Free Gift version) of DXO Optics Pro 11 ... it recognises my camera (D750) but strangely it says some of the photos were taken with Sigma 105mm f/2.8 which I don't have!

View attachment 112281

Anyone else had this? Just curious really.
perhaps the Nikon is really a Sigma in disguise :)

There is a "lensid" recorded in the image metadata. This is unfortunately not globally unique.

There is a "lensid" recorded in the image metadata. This is unfortunately not globally unique.
Yes, but why does DXO get it right for 99% of the images; and then randomly gets it wrong for 2? (And Lightroom gets it right for 100% of images using the same lensid)

Back