DXO Photolab 4

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Quick query for anyone using it please.
I can't find where to export a file as a specific size e.g. for keeping within the limits of TP uploads.
Must be there somewhere but it's eluding me.

Create a new export template and you can choose to resize in pixels or cm if I recall correctly.

The existing template sizes it in pixels okay but it's the file size that I can't see how to change ... i.e. Photolab exports it at 1024 pixels maximum (which is fine) but at 800Kb (which isn't) so how do I reduce it to the required under 500Kb file size?

The existing template sizes it in pixels okay but it's the file size that I can't see how to change ... i.e. Photolab exports it at 1024 pixels maximum (which is fine) but at 800Kb (which isn't) so how do I reduce it to the required under 500Kb file size?

There's a setting for the quality - I think set at 95...change it down to 90 or less and it "should" work.

There's a setting for the quality - I think set at 95...change it down to 90 or less and it "should" work.
But that's just guesswork, surely there is an indicator of filesize viewable somewhere otherwise it's a case if saving numerous times until you get the fiesize you need.

At the moment I have to load it up into Affinity (or another programme) just to alter the filesize!

At the moment I have to load it up into Affinity (or another programme) just to alter the filesize!

It's not a requirement they've probably thought of.

The only gripe I have is the curves tool doesn't have a histogram underlay - so you have to use the one on the main workspace. Still, the histogram thing lets you highlight clipped and blocked areas so it's simple enough. Also the crop tool doesn't have 7x6, 17x6 and 65x24 aspect ratios.

DXO have a forum - add your suggestion - I've added the two above so when DXO PL5 comes out so it's sorted.

Still, I find it a lot better than C1pro and it blows the socks off Adobe for actually rendering.

Last edited:
Back