DXO pro9 elite free with mag

No love for Fuji X-Trans, that's me out, cheers for the thought

I've downloaded it, won't open, keeps bonking out at the first splash screen, this is on Mac OS X Sierra...

Mike

Might be worth checking compatibility - this dates from 2014.

Took me 3 goes to get a product key & download access using the link I posted (possibly because I unticked the 'send me junk' box. This version works much better with W10 and a SSD than version 8 did - images load and adjust much faster, and I very much like what the way it manages some images that I would have binned in Lightroom for being a bit dull.

Have to say, I have never gotten any half decent software from a magazine, and I bought tonnes of them over the years. They're freebies for good reason usually.

Have to say, I have never gotten any half decent software from a magazine, and I bought tonnes of them over the years. They're freebies for good reason usually.

I generally agree, but did get some very useful and decent free HDR software called Photomatix a couple of years ago from a magazine

DXO OP is just out of date - up to version 11 now - but was a fully professional package that competed directly with Lightroom 5 and CaptureOne just 2 years ago.

DxO Pro v9 is supposed to be coming with N-Photo next month too (out the 22nd December).

@Cagey75 says though they are "free" for a reason ... usually to try to get you to buy the current version.

I saw this magazine "offer" the other day, but I too am of the opinion that there's no such thing as a free lunch, it's just a marketing ploy to get you to pay for the latest version.

Out of interest, what does DxO do that Lightroom doesn't?

Works fine for me on Windows 10 (even though it shouldn't according to the mag cover).

Doesn't have Nikon D750 profiles but it's a freebie.

I saw this magazine "offer" the other day, but I too am of the opinion that there's no such thing as a free lunch, it's just a marketing ploy to get you to pay for the latest version.

Of course it is a marketing ploy but it's still a free version of a useful piece of software,I don't use Light room.

It has automatic corrections that give a slightly different look to the image as a starting point compared to LR and the lens corrections are a bit different (and maybe a little more accurate). If you have an image that you are struggling to get a satisfactory result from in post then it can be helpful to try a different basic developer like this. I like the way it handles fine detail in woodlands and also brings out more texture in slightly dull images. Careful use of LR and DXOOP can produce indistinguishable results, but I find they push *me* in different directions.

One is Pro and one is Pro Elite. Is there a difference?

TBH I'd thought they were both pro elite - that was what I was offered on the original link from HUKD. The elite version should have their PRIME noise reduction, so if you DID get that in the other like I'd be interested to know.

*edit* - just checked, and mine has elite in the product ID plus offers prime noise reduction. Guess it is the elite version.

Last edited:
Back