DXO Software Upgrades

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Back in 2017 I bought into DXO Optics Pro Essentials and got on quite well with it but in 2018 DXO updated the software to PhotoLab, which I bought into in order to benefit from the addition of the NIK Control Point technology but being honest I preferred the way Optics Pro performed.
DXO have now brought out PhotoLab 2 as the current software and I was looking at upgrading to the 'Elite' version of the software to take advantage of the 'Prime' noise reduction ... £119.99 to the new customer ... £115 for me to upgrade from PhotoLab!
Seems to me to be a rip-off . :(

Photography Life did a good review of 'Prime' back awhile and that is what peaked my interest.
If you use 'Prime' how would you say it performs ... I currently use Topaz DeNoise or NIK Define (the original not DXO)?

I use both Topaz and DXO and find that Topaz AIClear (the successor to DeNoise) works better than DXO's Prime but my usage is primarily sports images so it's not a generalisation

I use both Topaz and DXO and find that Topaz AIClear (the successor to DeNoise) works better than DXO's Prime but my usage is primarily sports images so it's not a generalisation

Unfortunately my laptop fails at the OpenGl limit so I cannot install Studio or use any of the AI products :(

Yes, some of the Topaz stuff is quite demanding of CPU and GPU hardware too.

Thought I would just come back to this thread as DXO did subsequently offer me a reduced price to upgrade to Photolab 2.
As it was reasonable I decided to give it one more try and see whether the software was worth the effort ... I have been using it now for a few weeks and to my surprise it seems to be working very well and the 'Prime' noise reduction is certainly a great improvement over the previous DXO versions I have tried.
It now forms my first stage processing and I think I will probably keep going with it. :)

Just had an email though offering me photolab elite for £70 as an upgrade to DXO optics pro - might have been tempeted if I'd not just upgraded On1.

Back