dying to see

H

hooch-lemon

P1040823800x600.jpg

P1040824800x600.jpg

Looks like a really interesting location, was this a tour or was this a little bit of Urbex? I love this type of photo, I wonder weather it wouldn't be a good idea to try a bit of vintage look on the colour version :thinking: I've been playing with some film effect filters in PP recently I think that could work with this image :thinking:

Matt
MWHCVT

If I were doing this I might have tried dropping down a couple of feet to make the perspective looking along the machines more even top to bottom and framed it so the image ended on the right edge of the third machine (missing out the odd one at the end and the wall)....not that it would work, just how I would see it, agree black and white, maybe even sepia as without the green machine on the end it could be a picture taken a long time ago..

MWHCVT said:
Just an educated guess (y) but I'm guessing they are machines/mandrels used in the fabric dying trade (y)

I hope you're right. I'm looking at the stains up the walls...very red...very blood like :( I thought it might be something new fangled for plucking turkeys or something....:(

A bit of urbex is right they are dying machines in the old foxs mill in wellington somerset (y)

I do love a bit of Urbex ;) and its something that I really should do more of!
The colour version for me (y)

I hope you're right. I'm looking at the stains up the walls...very red...very blood like :( I thought it might be something new fangled for plucking turkeys or something....:(

I would have thought that the bits of cloth would have given it away Tori ?
Are they not allowed to use red dye?

BTW That's absolutely nothing like a modern (or even an older ) abattoir ;)

I thought it might be something new fangled for plucking turkeys or something....:(

:LOL: Sorry Tori, shouldn't laugh, but your 'new fangled' made me really giggle, never seen something so obviously old called that ;)

I really like it, I can see it with some gentle tone mapping to bring out the details, but also cropped to an almost panoramic view, concentrating on the old wooden mangles. Somewhere I wouldn't mind visiting too (y)

Mock away....

My callous free hands have never seen the insides of such places. If I needed something dyed I'd buy it in another colour.

malo50 said:
The clue may be in the OP's title.

Absolutely! There's a big difference in 'dyeing' and 'dying'. Hence my comment which nobody got!

Not really my field but quite like those,did you put the cloth there or is it still in use ?

Mock away....

My callous free hands have never seen the insides of such places. If I needed something dyed I'd buy it in another colour.

You never tried tie-dyeing, such and interesting effect and you never know what you are going to get :D

Last edited:
Not really my field but quite like those,did you put the cloth there or is it still in use ?

You never tried tie-dyeing, such and interesting effect and you never know what you are going to get :D

That was how it was left on a Friday afternoon when the workers were told they don't have jobs any more

Lots more pics here

Last edited by a moderator:
That was how it was left on a Friday afternoon when the workers were told they don't have jobs any more

Lots more pics here

Thats a cracking set .
I particularly like the "cogs and chains" (y)

Back