Critique E92 M3 Photoshoot

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello Guys

I had the pleasure of shooting this gorgeous E92 M3 a couple of weeks back.

We were time limited due to a very short window of decent weather to get the outside photos, but i think they came out well.

1)
BMW M3 Details by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

2)
BMW M3 by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

3)
M3 Sunset by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

4)
BMW M3 Interior by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

5)

6)

7)
Wind Vs Petrol Power by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments & critique welcome

Mike

Maybe no BMW fans on, images are good, No5 probably the best, in my opinion, but the location not right for this car.

Well you did ask.....

No. 1 maybe greater depth of field required,
like No. 2 best,
No. 3 & 4 too much glare/flare,
No. 5 & 6 don't do anything for me,
7 car cut by horizon

Trying to make car pics different is incredibly difficult especially if they are static, unless they are in exotic surroundings.

Well you did ask.....

No. 1 maybe greater depth of field required,
like No. 2 best,
No. 3 & 4 too much glare/flare,
No. 5 & 6 don't do anything for me,
7 car cut by horizon

Trying to make car pics different is incredibly difficult especially if they are static, unless they are in exotic surroundings.

cheers, thanks for your thoughts. at least you replied

I like them Mike, the only distraction is the false flair in the top right, it gives me the wrong feeling instead of what you're trying to give in the photo. If I had to be very particular I would say that the shadow casts from the right side flash in there interior are a distraction as it looks like the flash had no modifier to soften the blow. 1 & 3 do it for me :)

So...

1.) Quiet like it but without the texture of the carbon wing it wouldn't be as interesting.
2.) I like the shot but its not the prettiest angle for this car
3.) Probably my favourite of the series, the car looks great against the background however I can't get past the car being too far to the right of the frame, a tighter crop would have worked better for me.
4.) Like this and it makes me miss my 335d, but I'd have kept the door shut as the white paint of the bottom of the open door is distracting. The car looks great in this colour combo though.
5.) Like it but again tighter crop would have worked better for me as I like the texture in the gravel in the foreground but anything beyond that doesn't work for me with this car.
6.) Quite like but I'd lose the birds
7.) I like the composition but it just doesn't keep my attention, maybe a bit dark?

no.3 is my favourite, the rig shot looks cool too though.

no.1 is think could do with more depth of field (narrower aperture) as the M badge blurs away quickly.

no.4 not sure i like the gradient background, just doesn't seem to place the car anywhere for me.

no.5 is great too, 6 and 7 are nicely composed but just lack a bit of interest for me.

Some really cool shots there.

no.3 is my favourite, the rig shot looks cool too though.

no.1 is think could do with more depth of field (narrower aperture) as the M badge blurs away quickly.

no.4 not sure i like the gradient background, just doesn't seem to place the car anywhere for me.

no.5 is great too, 6 and 7 are nicely composed but just lack a bit of interest for me.

Some really cool shots there.

Thanks, the badge one was taken at f/8 so next time ill stop it down more.

the interior one on the OOC shots the BG was black so i looked around at what other interior shots had been done and most has a plain grad BG so i thought i would give that a go, as i didn't have a suitable shot to put in the BG

I like the whole set Mike but prefer 2,3,4.
What was your light placement/technique for the interior shot?

Baz

Back