Eagle Heights

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Sue and i took with a friend a trip to Eagle Heights in Kent today and it was so hot they only flew 3/4 birds

nearly there food for the taking

2u936ue.jpg

got it

33wxkbo.jpg

We were told not to duck down

281eo8o.jpg

33lgw2h.jpg

Hot weather isn't great for bird shows, is it. Where was the sun in relation to yourself for these; they remind me of shots where i've tried too hard to get colour in the sky from shooting towards it?

the sun was right overhead (taken at 12:35:39 ). if you look the shadows on the benches is directly underneath in Photo 3. Yes certainly not the best time to attempt this but had no choice . The afternoon flight demo was too late in the afternoon as it was a long trip there and back..
I did have to do some editing which helped, mainly to get some definition of the underside of the bird catching food mid air

original

33actgo.jpg

quick edit

qqvouo.jpg

Just a very quick edit to show wing pattern, needs more work to complete the edit. But it does show how sky etc can be improved on. Normally I would not post until I had the photo the way I would like so please excuse this rough effort
So like me I think you will have to go into doing some editing, possibly a UV filter may help but I didn't have one with me at the time

Hope this answers your question Nick

This is a direct answer to the question from Nick

Last edited:
the sun was right overhead (taken at 12:35:39 ). if you look the shadows on the benches is directly underneath in Photo 3. Yes certainly not the best time to attempt this but had no choice . The afternoon flight demo was too late in the afternoon as it was a long trip there and back..
I did have to do some editing which helped, mainly to get some definition of the underside of the bird catching food mid air

original

33actgo.jpg

quick edit

qqvouo.jpg

Just a very quick edit to show wing pattern, needs more work to complete the edit. But it does show how sky etc can be improved on. Normally I would not post until I had the photo the way I would like so please excuse this rough effort
So like me I think you will have to go into doing some editing, possibly a UV filter may help but I didn't have one with me at the time

Hope this answers your question Nick

This is a direct answer to the question from Nick

Time to clean the sensor Bazza! :)

Back