Wild Eagle vs Eagle

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this earlier in the year but can't see if i posted before or not. The White Tailed Eagle mugged the Golden Eagle of food whilst the Golden Eagle was on the ground even though free food was available only 50 meters away. It then flew off with the food to the right of where i was and landed in the snow. The Golden Eagle by this time had decided this wasn't on and took flight and came down upon the WTE and a fight then took place. As you can see the WTE is a much larger heavier bird however the Golden Eagle is more aggressive and it was an evenly matched fight however i would say the Golden Eagle came out on top and the WTE then flew to a tree nearby to lick its wounds and think about how stupid it had been in the first place. I just sat and watched it unfold in front of me and thought how lucky i had been to see both magnificent raptors together and fighting--a day i won't ever forget.

Its a big crop and not the best image so need for any crit as i know its short comings but thought some may like to see what i saw that day.For more Golden and White Tailed Eagles have a look on my flickr page.

Golden Eagle vs White Tailed Eagle by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hope that you do not mind Mark but I felt that it is such an interesting image that I took the liberty to twiddle a little

Mark_3.jpg

Last edited:
oh what a moment to have witnessed

Back