Eagle

Edit My Images
No
Had a couple of hours at Weyhill Hawk Conservancy yesterday.

Look out fish by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

I only live about 3 miles away, but like an idiot I never go. I really should get a season ticket and make myself.

1d mk4 with 300 2.8 is

https://flic.kr/p/G6bYvj

Sorry I'm not good at grabbing flickr images when on my phone. Will sort it when I'm home later

Last edited:
Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Wow, I love birds of prey and you have caught this one really well.
Great DoF, focus and composition

Edit My Images
Yes
My word that is some image, just viewed it on Flickr and full screen looks stunning! :D

Name
Jak
Edit My Images
No
Wow that's a cracker, well done :)

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Fantastic action shot Gary - well caught!!

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
That tweet definitely know what it's doing and so do you! Cracker of a shot.

Edit My Images
Yes
WOW, just logged in and your image appeared on the home page. Absolutely stunning image.

GT von

Suspended / Banned
Name
GT
Edit My Images
No
It's a shame such an animal is shackled even if it's for it's conservation, it takes a lot away from the image. I think I'd have to eliminate those cuffs if it were my photo.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Cracking shot, but do you mind me asking what the setup was, as it, was the ground/pond baited so that you knew where to point your camera to get a shot like this, or where you panning with the bird and using a very high shutter speed

I'm always amazed how shots like this have been achieved so would love to know

Edit My Images
No
That's a belter (y)

OP
Gary Kinghorn
Edit My Images
No
Cracking shot, but do you mind me asking what the setup was, as it, was the ground/pond baited so that you knew where to point your camera to get a shot like this, or where you panning with the bird and using a very high shutter speed

I'm always amazed how shots like this have been achieved so would love to know
It was at a flying display. I knew the guy was going to bait the pond. Lock focus on the eagle, follow it until it is close to the pond, then rapid release a number of shots, hoping for the best !!!

From a settings perspective
ISO 250
1/1250
F4

The eagle again by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr