Eagle

Edit My Images
No
Had a couple of hours at Weyhill Hawk Conservancy yesterday.

Look out fish by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

I only live about 3 miles away, but like an idiot I never go. I really should get a season ticket and make myself.

1d mk4 with 300 2.8 is

https://flic.kr/p/G6bYvj

Sorry I'm not good at grabbing flickr images when on my phone. Will sort it when I'm home later

Last edited:
Wow, I love birds of prey and you have caught this one really well.
Great DoF, focus and composition

Based on that picture yes you really should go more often. Beauty.

My word that is some image, just viewed it on Flickr and full screen looks stunning! :D

Wow that's a cracker, well done :)

Fantastic action shot Gary - well caught!!

That tweet definitely know what it's doing and so do you! Cracker of a shot.

WOW, just logged in and your image appeared on the home page. Absolutely stunning image.

It's a shame such an animal is shackled even if it's for it's conservation, it takes a lot away from the image. I think I'd have to eliminate those cuffs if it were my photo.

Cracking shot, but do you mind me asking what the setup was, as it, was the ground/pond baited so that you knew where to point your camera to get a shot like this, or where you panning with the bird and using a very high shutter speed

I'm always amazed how shots like this have been achieved so would love to know

That's a belter (y)

Cracking shot, but do you mind me asking what the setup was, as it, was the ground/pond baited so that you knew where to point your camera to get a shot like this, or where you panning with the bird and using a very high shutter speed

I'm always amazed how shots like this have been achieved so would love to know

It was at a flying display. I knew the guy was going to bait the pond. Lock focus on the eagle, follow it until it is close to the pond, then rapid release a number of shots, hoping for the best !!!

From a settings perspective
ISO 250
1/1250
F4

The eagle again by Gary Kinghorn, on Flickr

Back