Wild Early Bath in the pool

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

For this truly wild GSW it must have been very cold - be he seemed to enjoy it- never seen him around my pond before- then onto the Feeder for a peanut breakfast

Sony a7Riii + Sony 200-600mm GM lens 1/640th sec ISO 800 @ f6.3, hand held from within (my pop up hide (the best £170 I ever spent) :)

DSC02164 Early Bath by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Breakfast is served

Breakfast by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Thanks for looking and as always comments are truly appreciated

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the 1st Les, cracking shot (y)

Great to have them in the garden Les, nice shots! They've been extremely rare visitors to ours and are always gone by the time the camera comes out!

Been thinking about a pop-up hide for a while - can I ask what you bought and from where?

That first one is a cracker Les ... one to be proud of I think.
Quote " Sony a7Riii + Sony 200-600mm GM lens 1/640th sec ISO 800 @ f6.3, hand held from within my pop up hide ( the best £170 I ever spent) " ..... all that gear for £170 you got a bargin ... :cool::D:ROFLMAO:

Two "Excellent" shots Les, and like others #1 is certainly my fav'.

George.

The one is the stand out one for me too :)

Thank you kind sir :)

Fantastic shots

Thank you :)

Definitely the 1st Les, cracking shot (y)

Cheers Phil :)

Great to have them in the garden Les, nice shots! They've been extremely rare visitors to ours and are always gone by the time the camera comes out!

Been thinking about a pop-up hide for a while - can I ask what you bought and from where?

Thank you, its the Simon King hide from Amazon mate :) Here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Simon-King-Ultimate-Wildlife-Hide/dp/B01NBIE38A/ref=sr_1_1?crid=KHLV98GL85R2&dchild=1&keywords=simon+king+ultimate+wildlife+hide&qid=1603697722&sprefix=Simon+King+hide+,aps,176&sr=8-1
I also have 3sqM of camo netting too to drape over it

Superb Les

Cheers Buddy :)

That first one is a cracker Les ... one to be proud of I think.
Quote " Sony a7Riii + Sony 200-600mm GM lens 1/640th sec ISO 800 @ f6.3, hand held from within my pop up hide ( the best £170 I ever spent) " ..... all that gear for £170 you got a bargin ... :cool::D:ROFLMAO:

I wish - the hide wa £170- the rest was over £4,000

Two "Excellent" shots Les, and like others #1 is certainly my fav'.

George.

Thank you George :)

Two crackers one is a belter I'm impressed with your set up I keep wondering if I should swop

Thank you- swap from what may I ask?

Last edited by a moderator:
The hide :)

nBoQCaf.jpg

Wonderful first shot,Les. Nice and clean second one two. Great print on that hide. One day you'll have a bird wanting to land on a branch,I'm sure :D

Wonderful first shot,Les. Nice and clean second one two. Great print on that hide. One day you'll have a bird wanting to land on a branch,I'm sure :D

I do hope so John thank you for the comments :)

I've got canon all canon gear Les my main set up is 7d 2 300 2.8 mark 2 plus converters Im just not sure about jumping ship

I know nothing about Canon - I can however: Recommend a Sony a7Riii or above and the 200-600mm does work well with a 1.4x converter :)

Excellent shots, Les (y)

I have a bag hide that I rarely use.
When I tried it in the garden, a flock of LTTs landed on my head!!
Need to get it out again sometime

Thank you Mike, I have had this one for a year or so and it it a very useful bit of kit ( for me anyway) I find in some remote spots it is ideal

Planning a visit to a local river soon( on Exmoor) once the leaves fall to get me a Dipper or two , hopefully I spotted a few when I last was over that way, but far too dark under the canopy of leaves to get a decent shot

Back