Early morning damselfly

Edit My Images
Yes
evening all I've been trying to get a shot like this for ages, a damselfly covered in dew
I got lucky on a trip to Cornwall
I found a little stream with Beautiful Demoiselles
I got up early 3 days in a row trying to find one, got lucky on the third morning:)

20583076391_c6c08cbaae_b.jpg

Last edited:
That is very nice.

Another great shot Pete and those colours are amazing, these are like the ones I have been photographing this last week.

Another great shot Pete and those colours are amazing, these are like the ones I have been photographing this last week.
Thanks very much Graham :)
They are stunning little things I don't see this species very often

Wow Pete that really is a cracking image, love the lighting, really wish I had more time to get out with macro gear

That's a very nice shot Pete, great detail and well composed.(y)

George.

Wow Pete that really is a cracking image, love the lighting, really wish I had more time to get out with macro gear

Thanks Ingrid :)
I forgot to say it's natural light I never use flash :D:D
Definitely worth getting out with your macro gear at the moment there's lots of insects out now:)

Definitely worth getting out with your macro gear at the moment there's lots of insects out now:)
Wish it was like that here, now the sun has come and burnt the grass and flowers there is not as much about, really miss the April to June time when everything is going 10 to the dozen, could really do with a days rain once a week to keep it green.

Wish it was like that here, now the sun has come and burnt the grass and flowers there is not as much about, really miss the April to June time when everything is going 10 to the dozen, could really do with a days rain once a week to keep it green.

Sounds like it's quite hot and dry there
Completely different to here tho may is my favourite time as well its when everything starts emerging and the mayflies are out

Missed this one Pete - the area around the head is excellent.

Paul.

Thanks Paul :)
I did think about going closer to the head but didn't have my extention tubes with me and I think that I would have struggled anyway at higher magnification as the light level was low

Lovely.

wow that's a shot anyone would be proud of- loving the dew on the insect too

Les

Back