Early Sunday morning city wander

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
Yes
I headed into Belfast early this morning to try and get a few shots of the city before the shoppers descended!

I wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone, and tried to think about different angles and shapes rather than just 'normal viewpoints'.

These are the best from today. I'm not sure what people will make of them, but this style is something new for me, and I definitely want to try and improve my eye for this type of photography.

All C+C extremely welcome!

Belfast 13/11/11 by dubbleyu, on Flickr

Belfast2 13/11/11 by dubbleyu, on Flickr

Belfast3 13/11/11 by dubbleyu, on Flickr

Belfast4 13/11/11 by dubbleyu, on Flickr

I really like the first, the angle is great. The paving draws you into the shot.

The third would be better two or three step to the left to be in the middle of the buildings.

Overall the PP on them all works for me. The 'post-apocalyptic' nature of the cityscape with no people is a subject I'd like to get out and shoot but I am useless in the morning!

Thanks for the feedback.

The post-apocalyptic idea is something I am going to try to develop further, maybe using more post production on my next batch. I'm keen to get back at that time, it's actually really pleasant to be in the city when it's empty!

Just have a huge mug of coffee and you'll be grand in the mornings! Or alternatively just have kids, mine have me up at 6:30 am every day, so you have to become a morning person. I actually sacrifice my one lie in a week to get out with the camera!

Back