Critique East London

Sorry, not very inspired, third one is the most interesting

As a native I know East London has a lot more to offer the photographer than a rundown Brick Lane

@tijuana taxi I'm off to Shoreditch on Saturday for an exhibition. I was thinking of going to Brick Lane but where else is good to go in the area?

Cheers

G

SPittlefields market! Right next to brick lane. Got some great shots there.

@tijuana taxi I'm off to Shoreditch on Saturday for an exhibition. I was thinking of going to Brick Lane but where else is good to go in the area?

Cheers

G

Depends what you want, Brick Lane and Club Row seem popular and judging by this thread so is the old Spittlefields Market. On Sundays there is the flower market in Columbia Road, not far at all from Shoreditch.

Personally would head into town and wander round Lincolns Inn or Grays Inn, also off Fleet St is Dr Johnson's house and St Brides Church. Round the back of Kings Cross station is reasonably interesting too, St Pancras Lock on the Regents Canal and wander up the towpath to City Rd stopping off at Exmouth St market and Sadlers Wells
Alternatively walk the other way to Camden Lock and Regents Park, bit quieter than the busy streets

Last edited:
Third image is really well shot,I know it was accidental but it's a really nice touch that the guy exiting the building was wearing similar colours.

Second image I really enjoy I feel it would be better if the passing couple were centred in the image, as well as the art being a full screen shot (without the wall overhang)

All in all, a nice set though.

Back