East Lothian

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
The light was looking promising so nipped down the coast for some often taken shots. I like taking these scenes regularly as it gives a selection of conditions and also gives a hint to how technique is improving. I took the Bridge to Nowhere shot from on top of the park bench to get as much separation as I could with the horizon. I doubt I would have thought of that a few years back.

Bridge to Nowhere by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

North Berwick Pier by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Last edited:
no 2 is one of the most interesting fuzzy water shots...what makes it is the static yellow structure
they arent my flavour of the month...although i have one to show...but yours is different enough to be different
cheers
geof

no 2 is one of the most interesting fuzzy water shots...what makes it is the static yellow structure
they arent my flavour of the month...although i have one to show...but yours is different enough to be different
cheers
geof

I normally like to see the action in the water but the sea was so confused that wasn't working so I went to try and get as much white in the foreground for the high key look

Two super shots Simon.
I love the first for it's serenity and I like #2 for, as Geof said, it's interesting blurred water effect.
Well worth nipping out for!

I normally like to see the action in the water but the sea was so confused that wasn't working so I went to try and get as much white in the foreground for the high key look

i agree like stepping off into clouds...its a winner believe me

cheers
geof
:agree:

I liek the first it is nicely done. The second for me is spoiled by that in between shutter speed of 4 seconds where a shorter shutter speed could have caught some great patterns.

Back