Easter monday stroll

Edit My Images
No
These were takeing at Coombe hill near Aylesbury on Easter monday, i took about 40 shots in all not saying these are the best, but the ones i like. Buy the way the only camera i have is a kodak DX 4530 5 megapixels, nothing to flash as i have only really got the photo bug.

100_0491Custom.jpg

Looking down from the hill top onto Ellesborough village and golf course
100_0493Custom.jpg

The War Memorial
100_0513Custom.jpg

The top off the Memorial
100_0522Custom.jpg

And into the woods

some nice snaps to start off with there Wilbur, i like the monument, though its leaning over a bit!

As EosD has said for your first shots thay are nice, especially the War Memorial. If you have Photoshop, running the "auto levels" function on the first picture will bring it to life. I would imagine that Paint Shop Pro will also have a similar function but someone like Silkstone would be able to tell you for certain.

Keep shooting and showing us the results. :)

Steve said:
As EosD has said for your first shots thay are nice, especially the War Memorial. If you have Photoshop, running the "auto levels" function on the first picture will bring it to life. I would imagine that Paint Shop Pro will also have a similar function but someone like Silkstone would be able to tell you for certain.

Keep shooting and showing us the results. :)

Yes, your first photo looks like mine of yesterday, very bright due to the hazy weather. Auto Levels, or even manually dropping the brightness and upping the contrast will make it look better.

Cheers for the replys. I haven't got photoshop yet but am looking into it.

The 1st photo is morning haze, took an age for the sun to burn through.
The 2nd i see what you mean about leaning. Coombe hill itself is the highest point in the chilterns, it also overlooks chequers which is the country retreat of our Prim Ministers.

Here is some more facts about the monument taken from roll-of-honour.com

Coombe Hill, near Wendover, stands 257m (843ft) above sea level (about 3m lower than the summit of the hill) and is crowned with an impressive monument to the Boer War and is a popular viewpoint. The memorial was erected, and unveiled, in 1904 to the memory of the men from Buckinghamshire who had died in the Boer War. Since it was erected it has been struck by lighning, virtually demolishing it, in 1939 it was restored which then cuased problems during World War 2 when it became necessary to camoflauged it to avoid it being used as a sighting landmark by enemy aircraft.

The true Photoshop itself is not cheap - you could perhaps consider either Photoshop Elements 3 or Paint Shop Pro 9 which are cheaper and provide most of the features a keen amateur should require.... I'm looking at Elements 3 which is about £50 IIRC

Back