eat sleep rave repeat

Some may have seen my previous failed attempt from last week at this location in the mist but I wanted to give it another go and this morning the light was just beautiful.

Only one shot at the mo but I have a few more to tinker with tomorrow.
The main killer here may be the lens flare from the left. Occasionally flare may be welcomed but here it contributes nothing. And the tonal range is such that the attempt to reconcile it has led to a bland, or if better-said, denatured result. Sorry I can't be more polite.

Cool… sounds promising!

I'm working on it Daniel.

The main killer here may be the lens flare from the left. Occasionally flare may be welcomed but here it contributes nothing. And the tonal range is such that the attempt to reconcile it has led to a bland, or if better-said, denatured result. Sorry I can't be more polite.

Thanks for the feedback @droj - The photo was processed that way with regards to colour. I haven't tried to reconcile the flare, I liked the way it was entering the frame although I would have liked it higher. My chosen low view point to try and accentuate the curve in the foreground meant the early morning sun would be low in the frame. Perhaps a little turn to the right would have helped?

Eat, sleep, eat is more my mode... Have to agree with Steve, last one is lovely and the best imho.

Last of these David. The suns distracting in the first and I like shots without people. Last ones really nice

The last is a popular shot but for me it's missing something. The light was really nice but I only really took it because Mike had asked about it in another thread. Still, glad I did!

I put a lot of work into the panorama, I took a bazillion shots and ran to the little pinnacle a dozen times. I've done quite a bit of PP work to it to remove some caravans in the fields below and a hell of a lot of lens flare. I wish it had more impact as a whole. Meh.

Eat, sleep, eat is more my mode... Have to agree with Steve, last one is lovely and the best imho.

Cheers mate.

Brilliant, thanks David.

No worries mate. Good luck for your venture!

lens flair kill no1 in my opinion
have you never used a grad filter may help

Last edited:
Lovely stuff as usual, but I think I'd rather see them without the figure too. It may actually be the shorts that jar slightly, the eyes are drawn to the bright tones of the legs which isn't where I want to look. lol.

I do like the final image but would be cropping from both top and bottom if it were mine, there's quite a lot of redundant space in my view

Oh Yes No3 for me all the way there and back, excellent light, touch of mist (and not a sign of short hairy legs:D)
Love to see a Grad applied to 1 that would be interesting .......... vertical down the middle of the shot:LOL:

Last edited:
Have to the last one is just plain lovely.

Thank you. It's been the most popular here and on Facebook but it's probably my least favorite :LOL:

Lovely stuff as usual, but I think I'd rather see them without the figure too. It may actually be the shorts that jar slightly, the eyes are drawn to the bright tones of the legs which isn't where I want to look. lol.

I do like the final image but would be cropping from both top and bottom if it were mine, there's quite a lot of redundant space in my view

Thanks for the feedback dude, much appreciated. I'm quite liking square crops atm...

Oh Yes No3 for me all the way there and back, excellent light, touch of mist (and not a sign of short hairy legs:D)
Love to see a Grad applied to 1 that would be interesting .......... vertical down the middle of the shot:LOL:

How very rude. I may have the same hair colour as a leprechaun but my legs aren't short... :D

How very rude. I may have the same hair colour as a leprechaun but my legs aren't short... :D
No Insult intended Mate;) Aren't leprechaun's meant to be lucky:LOL:

Hope so, I'm off on a jolly with @MattyW next week so I'll need all the luck I can get!
Hope you have a good time and get some nice shots under your belt, always enjoy viewing them! Hope the conx are kind to ya! Don't go doing any rock jumping now;)

Back