Ebay Madness

Edit My Images
Yes
Having just picked up a bargain tripod on fleebay :D I've been surfing in the hope of finding decent DSLR alas the best deal I've found is here I'll keep my eye on it but I'm sure it'll leap up in price towards the end. It seems alot of ebay users have more money than sense :banghead: Even saw one for a d50 that in the description said it cost £499 new, current bid £510 :nut:

Flip side is good for anyone looking to sell ready for an upgrade ;)

That 300d is the U.S. version (Rebel), I doubt he paid much more than £450 for it new, though without the Sigma lens.

Hey Gemok - if this is your first DSLR then bite the biscuit and buy new on the High St. You'll be gutted when it goes wrong and you can't walk into the shop and beat them up. I mean for £459 you can get a D50 and 18-55 at Jessops. Ok - I know you might want Canon but for heavens sake don't buy your camera off Ebay.

regards

don't worry stepheno I wouldn't buy a camera off ebay unless it was an absolute steal some of the prices people are paying are silly and I don't want a canon particularly. In fact if there was any future in them I'd be looking at a Konica Minolta 5d or maybe even a 7d I think the antishake system is sheer briliance I really wish my current cam had something like it.

there are still bargains out there ! not many i admit !

I bought my Gitzo tripod for about half price off there, and it was still sealed in its plastic bags in the box ! :)

There are some real shysters on there too though !

It's called Auction frenzy......some people are actually addicted to bidding ;) . They often feel insulted if someone outbids them....how dare they !!!.....plus feel as long as they stipulate a bid price they must be getting a bargain :nut:

I've found with cameras the only way to get a bargain is to find a wrongly listed item (eg. wrong title description, wrong area etc) ....that's how I got my 70-210 lens for £150 where as 2 weeks before people were paying up to £275 .

its tru,

peeps can go mad at auctions, but ebay is different to normal auctions, there is no excuse to pay silly money for anything,its all down to lack of knowledge........

as i have said b4 on here, i set a limit of no more than half the current average highstreet price , do your research , there are occasions where the highstreet has just reduced prices in sales or end of line bargains and ebay doesnt reflect this , and used often go for more than new items, its all down to research and setting a limit , ( in my case 50% of new )

and at the end of the day , if you lose an item , another of the same if not better quality will be along soon ,

i disagree with a lot of peeps when they say ' all the real bargains have gone from ebay ' ....there are loads of bargains out there, its a case of finding them , dont be lazy , do multiple searches with spelling mistakes ( i'm naturallly good at that :ponders: ), always do a newly listed search , as some peeps put up silly low buy it now prices to, just to get rid of things, also join words up, eg: NikonD70 , this will not show in any seperate Nikon or D70 search,

but my best advice is SET AN EDUCATED LIMIT

NoPix:thumb:

Bidding went up to £350 for that 300d, so the guy re-listed it with a starting bid of £350 and a different picture..

Steep said:
Bidding went up to £350 for that 300d, so the guy re-listed it with a starting bid of £350 and a different picture..

I may be the cause of the new pic as I asked if it was as pictured ie a US model he said no was a pic he'd grabbed off the web. Someone will buy it I'm sure

I think he'd be better splitting the extras off and selling them seperately, probably get more money that way.

Guys, I hear what you are saying but surely £777 for a EF16-35mm f2.8 LUSM lens is good value

www.ffordes.co.uk is £1049 and warehouseexpress.com is £949 for the same lens.

Canon lens warranty is not country specific like they are for the body.

My brother bought a 18-85mm IS lens and saved a large amount of money. Not from a Hong Kong source either.

Gary W

Back