Ebay Question's

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
Yes
I live in the UK and I have located an item on Ebay.com (Ebay USA) that I wish to purchase.

Can I sign into Ebay.com using the same login details that I use to sign into Ebay.co.uk ?

As the postage to the UK is quite high, but is free within the US, can I have the item delivered to my friend who lives in the USA?

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I'll be paying by credit card and not PayPal, so the billing address will be different to the delivery address.

Cheers

Probably easiest way is if your US friend has an Ebay account get him to purchase then forward and you repay him?
Keeps it simplest I would have thought.

Probably easiest way is if your US friend has an Ebay account get him to purchase then forward and you repay him?
Keeps it simplest I would have thought.

Thanks.

I don't think he has an Ebay account, but I'll check.

Can I sign into Ebay.com using the same login details that I use to sign into Ebay.co.uk ?

Would be quicker just entering your details to see what happens

As the postage to the UK is quite high, but is free within the US, can I have the item delivered to my friend who lives in the USA?

Couple of things.. first off.. your frind still has to send it to you so postage still needs paying ? Second the seller will smell a rat and probably not sell it to you.. third I didnt know there was a special usa ebay.. is so then theres probably a good reason and that would be overeas sales ?

If you need to go down this rd then bar far the simpelst solution is to get your friend to buy as @B1ts says :)

Your ebay (and Amazon) login credentials will get you in to any of their regional sites. With ebay, don't be surprised if the seller refuses to ship internationally* (if they don't explicitly offer this service), and/or refuses to ship to anywhere other than the registered address linked to the payment method.

If your friend doesn't have an ebay account, I think your only option will be to contact the seller and ask if they're prepared to do what you require.

*I've been told that USPS domestic shipping can be done by affixing address/postage to an item and popping it in your mailbox with the flag up for collection. International requires a CN22/23 label and has to be done in person at a post office.

You also need to watch out for import tax too.
I got caught like this years ago, I bought items from the US, when they landed in the UK, there was tax to be paid,
UPS paid the tax on my behalf and then charged me for the privileged!
I'd saved (iirc) about £100 and the total additional cost was about ( again iirc) £30 so I was still in front.
But just something to be aware of.

Would be quicker just entering your details to see what happens

Couple of things.. first off.. your frind still has to send it to you so postage still needs paying ? Second the seller will smell a rat and probably not sell it to you.. third I didnt know there was a special usa ebay.. is so then theres probably a good reason and that would be overeas sales ?

If you need to go down this rd then bar far the simpelst solution is to get your friend to buy as @B1ts says :)

Yes, it probably would have been quicker to try to sign in. I was just being cautious as I was wary of Ebay perhaps thinking that my login details were being misused and finding myself being locked out of my account.

You're right my friend may have to post the item to me (though he does visit me fairly frequently and could easily bring it with him) but the postage for the item is quite high - about 5 or 6 times what I've had similar items posted over for.

As I said, I don't know if my friend has an Ebay account. Due to the time difference and his working hours, it will be some hours before I could communicate with him and I would imagine the item would have sold by then.

Your ebay (and Amazon) login credentials will get you in to any of their regional sites. With ebay, don't be surprised if the seller refuses to ship internationally* (if they don't explicitly offer this service), and/or refuses to ship to anywhere other than the registered address linked to the payment method.

If your friend doesn't have an ebay account, I think your only option will be to contact the seller and ask if they're prepared to do what you require.

*I've been told that USPS domestic shipping can be done by affixing address/postage to an item and popping it in your mailbox with the flag up for collection. International requires a CN22/23 label and has to be done in person at a post office.

Thanks for that. I've now logged in and been able to set up a second delivery address.

The seller does ship internationally, but it is merely the cost of shipping that bothers me. If it wasn't for the shipping cost I would have had the item sent straight to me.

You also need to watch out for import tax too.
I got caught like this years ago, I bought items from the US, when they landed in the UK, there was tax to be paid,
UPS paid the tax on my behalf and then charged me for the privileged!
I'd saved (iirc) about £100 and the total additional cost was about ( again iirc) £30 so I was still in front.
But just something to be aware of.

Thanks for that - I'm aware of the import tax level (£15 and above) and the item is just below that. I've been caught out with Items from Amazon.com where the items are below the tax threshold but Amazon have not made it clear on their labelling with the postage cost taking the total above £15.

Anyhow, I've now ordered the item and had it sent to my friend.

Thanks all.

Just setup one of the many USA store and forward services in the USA.
I have used one a few times, some mailbox in Florida.
They then send it to you at the cheapest price.

Just setup one of the many USA store and forward services in the USA.
I have used one a few times, some mailbox in Florida.
They then send it to you at the cheapest price.

Yes, I had considered that. I think it was me that told you about you about the store and forward services some time ago.

As the item is small and light, I knew it would be cheaper still to get my friend to post it to me.

cool, yes I thought I found out here about the service.
I wanted some astell and kern stuff which is niche over here, usa and asia

Back