Ebay selling question

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys I sold an item via ebay on Saturday night and waited for the buyer to contact me or transfer the money. I got a message just now saying they want to cancel the transaction as it was made without their knowledge. Is there anything I can do about this? Do I just need to get on with it and relist this item? Seems a bit unfair.

Guys I sold an item via ebay on Saturday night and waited for the buyer to contact me or transfer the money. I got a message just now saying they want to cancel the transaction as it was made without their knowledge. Is there anything I can do about this? Do I just need to get on with it and relist this item? Seems a bit unfair.

Report them to eBay, otherwise you’ll still be charged fees. Other than that it really is start again once your unpaid item case is sorted.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

you can camcel the transaction and then claim the fees back it wil then have cost you nothing.

I've had plenty of transactions cancelled by a buyer, its just a fact of online selling. Agree to the cancellation and they will refund your FVF and then re-list.

Not used Ebay for a while now but you used to be able to offer to second chance to next highest bidder, don't know if it's still available or appropriate in this case.

Second d chance is only possible if more than one person has bid. Many of my sales (and purchases) only have one bidder. Even when there are more, having failed to win the auction they are likely to have already taken their mony elsewhere.

Automatic non-payment disputes are the way forward.

Had a guy bid on an item and win. Then contacted me asking to collect which was never offered, nor was convenient, which I told him. He then wanted to cancel the transaction.

I let the unpaid item dispute kick in and then award him a non-payment marker. Not my problem he couldn't read or was not willing to pay postage.

I have listed it again after speaking to ebay on the phone. Just got to wait another ten days now and hope I get the same level of interest. It's just time consuming and frustrating. First time anything like that has happened.

I haven’t so,d anything on eBay for years. eBay are far to buyer centric. I sell everything on Facebook marketplace now (or here for camera stuff). I listed a £3k lounge suite a couple of month ago, sold it within 2 hours and it was collected and paid for in cash a couple of days later.

No eBay fees, no PayPal fees, no buggering around with returns or idiots that don’t read descriptions.

I've had plenty of transactions cancelled by a buyer, its just a fact of online selling. Agree to the cancellation and they will refund your FVF and then re-list.

Steve since you seem to use it a lot do you know what affect it has on fees if you list and item at say 0.01p then agree with someone a buy it now price? If I then set that price do I get charged a percentage of that fee as listing and selling? Sorry I hope that makes sense.

Steve since you seem to use it a lot do you know what affect it has on fees if you list and item at say 0.01p then agree with someone a buy it now price? If I then set that price do I get charged a percentage of that fee as listing and selling? Sorry I hope that makes sense.

you get charged 10% of the sale price + postage cost, it used to be just the item price until loads of people realised you could sell for a penny and charge £10 postage.

so you sell for £8 and charge £2 postage - £10 fees - £1 also you then get charged if they pay via paypal at about 4%

Ebay are feeling the pinch with private sellers jumping ship so it's worth checking your email to see if you've been offered any deals

This week I got one, 100 free listings plus a maximum final value fee of £1 , still got the paypal fees though but if you were selling an expensive camera say the saving is well worth it

there really isn't anywhere like ebay for getting top money for things , however what is annoying is if the buyer doesn't pay and you re list you're back on the full 10%

Ebay are feeling the pinch with private sellers jumping ship so it's worth checking your email to see if you've been offered any deals

This week I got one, 100 free listings plus a maximum final value fee of £1 , still got the paypal fees though but if you were selling an expensive camera say the saving is well worth it

there really isn't anywhere like ebay for getting top money for things , however what is annoying is if the buyer doesn't pay and you re list you're back on the full 10%

I only list stuff now when it's either 50% of final valuation fees or when it's just £1 - but, as you say, if you list something that's on a £1 FVF and the dips*** seller pulls out then re-listing means 10% or having to wait for another deal. It's happened twice to me now.

By the time you add 10% for ebay and 4% for PayPal then another £5-10 for insured and signed for shipping you might as well not bother selling anything under £50. You sell more expensive items and you're liable to get shafted by a scammer.

Ebay is great for buying but s***e for selling IMHO!

Back