Critique Edale - Mam Tor

Edit My Images
Yes
I went up Edale - Mam Tor this Sunday morning the light was great can't wait to go and have another go hope i get as lucky with the light, helpful comments would be most appreciated i know there not that good. The jpeg images have lost a bit from the original files, i need to lean how light room / photos shop complete beginner regarding this, hopefully YouTube might make it less painful.

Sumit 1 W.jpg

Photo shop has brightened this a little too much the original was a little darker and had more mood !

Sumit Stones 1 W.jpg

Some distracting shadows from the right but it was one of my best pics. Any way to capture the lost detail and colour in the haze.

Gate 3 W.jpg

I know the runner is distracting and the haze on the right would love to capture a little more detail.

I was using a Canon 5D3, 17-35 F4 and soft ND grad 9, is it OK to post here or (not the classified adds section like i just did doh) should i be looking for a beginners section to post in ?.

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
I like the second one, not seen anything like that from this location and it works really well - nice light and composition with those leading lines in the foreground. You don't often see shots looking this way. I like the natural looking processing too.

Never been a fan of the classic gate shot, the worn muddy path doesn't work for me, though many obviously disagree judging by it's popularity. It's well worth a walk down the whole ridge if you haven't already done it.

Back