Edge of the Forest

Very nice Andy. Love the Autumn colour in the foreground and the mist adding depth with the pools of light to brighten things up.

Like this, lovely autumn colours and the mist shrouding the trees makes it a little bit special.

Very nice Andy. Love the Autumn colour in the foreground and the mist adding depth with the pools of light to brighten things up.

I like that alot Andy, mist really adds to it (y)

Very nice Andy, a great feeling of wanting to keep walking through. Sadly missed all the fog this week due to work :banghead:

Like this, lovely autumn colours and the mist shrouding the trees makes it a little bit special.

Another cracker Andy

Thanks guys, you're very kind. I almost didn't bother taking this photo, I just wasn't sure if it worked. I'm pleased that I did now.

Looks great, Andy. There's been some cracking conditions this week. The foreground really pops. Did you use a flash to light it up or was it done in post (not a criticism, just interested)?

I've always fancied some landscape photography but never know where to start

Have a look at some videos on Yotube, Thomas Heaton is always a good watch. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfhW84xfA6gEc4hDK90rR1Q

The hard part is finding something that has some atmosphere to it, early morning light, late afternoon sun, fog etc all help. (I struggle with atmosphere). The basics are the usual, composition (rule of thirds etc), foreground interest, light etc.

If you use Flickr, Twitter etc, look up people like Mark Littlejohn, Lee Acaster, Neil Burnell (on here too) and Matthew Dartford. They produce awesome photos. There are lots of other inspirational photographers around too.

Looks great, Andy. There's been some cracking conditions this week. The foreground really pops. Did you use a flash to light it up or was it done in post (not a criticism, just interested)?

Hi Claire, thanks very much :) It was just natural light and the lower area being on the edge was quite bright, I needed to darken it down as it was too prominent for the composition.

Have a look at some videos on Yotube, Thomas Heaton is always a good watch. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfhW84xfA6gEc4hDK90rR1Q

The hard part is finding something that has some atmosphere to it, early morning light, late afternoon sun, fog etc all help. (I struggle with atmosphere). The basics are the usual, composition (rule of thirds etc), foreground interest, light etc.

If you use Flickr, Twitter etc, look up people like Mark Littlejohn, Lee Acaster, Neil Burnell (on here too) and Matthew Dartford. They produce awesome photos. There are lots of other inspirational photographers around too.
Hi Andy, thank you for sending me all this information I'll have a little look into them and see what i like and see if I can get anything to look good.

Hi Andy, thank you for sending me all this information I'll have a little look into them and see what i like and see if I can get anything to look good.

I forget to mention that you need lots of patience too ;)

"Excellent" shot Andy, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Back