EE doing bonkers deals !

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
well that was wierd my SIM only 12 month deal was over a few months back so had a quick look arround.
Plusnet doing pretty good deal at £8.50p for 2500 mins, unlimited text and 3.5gb of 4g data.

thought well wll give EE a call and hear them say no mate can't touch it blah blah.

but no they didnt just match it they beat it !

for £8.99 i got unlimited texts and calls and 4gb of 4g data,Free EU roaming which is great for the house in greece.

bleedin edge !

Forgot to add my previous deal with EE was £22/month so a hooj save

Looks like you have just got a great deal there. Don't know how you did it. Ive just tried EE and the cheapest that I can get it for is £20+/month:mad:

EE do good deals for retensjons it seems, plus their extra "5gb data boost" when you have home internet and get a sim or phone plan is rather good. Plus free 6 months to Apple Music

I'm also with Plusnet for home phone and broadband. When the "mates rates" offer came out, I swapped from O2 to Plusnet - which uses EE - my plan is £7.50 pm for 1000 mins, 2Gb data and unlimited texts.
O2 coverage on my school bus route was useless whereas EE provide cover so it was they say, a no brainer particularly as O2 were charging me £17.50 pm for less calls and less data.

Thanks for the heads up @Mr Bump
I've tried BT to see if they'd match the plusnet offer but they can't so I think I might be off to plusnet :ty:

Thanks for the heads up @Mr Bump
I've tried BT to see if they'd match the plusnet offer but they can't so I think I might be off to plusnet :ty:

i didn't think EE would do anything to be honest and PACing numbers just takes a bit of hassle but they just caved in like a damp box.
what they have actually done looking at my account is it is a £24/month deal with £16 loyalty discount for 12 months.

I'm also with Plusnet for home phone and broadband. When the "mates rates" offer came out, I swapped from O2 to Plusnet - which uses EE - my plan is £7.50 pm for 1000 mins, 2Gb data and unlimited texts.
O2 coverage on my school bus route was useless whereas EE provide cover so it was they say, a no brainer particularly as O2 were charging me £17.50 pm for less calls and less data.

win win

As I understand it EU roaming charges for all networks are being done away with from June this year anyway
I got the confirmation text from EE, at least, half hour ago (y)

Of course that'll be rescinded once we leave the EU :D

I got the confirmation text from EE, at least, half hour ago (y)

Of course that'll be rescinded once we leave the EU :D

can't see EE pulling that deal from the UK at any point they would lose so much business.
did you go for it?

can't see EE pulling that deal from the UK at any point they would lose so much business.
I meant all networks, not just EE. And who knows what they will do?

did you go for it?
Nothing to "go for" its being added to my plan on the 15th of June, not that I spend much time in Europe.

also worth noting the plusnet deals are 30 days rolling so no contract !

also worth noting the plusnet deals are 30 days rolling so no contract !
TBH I'm happy with the deal I get from EE, ( sim only) I took it on a 12 month contract, that's now way past its end date, so I have no contract if you see what I mean.

TBH I'm happy with the deal I get from EE, ( sim only) I took it on a 12 month contract, that's now way past its end date, so I have no contract if you see what I mean.

if its is a cracking deal then i agree, mine wasn't and i was being lazy looking arround, from £22 to £9 = £156 a year saving, thats most of my car insurance.

There seem to be a few good deals around at the moment.
iD are doing 3Gb/month plans for £8 and that one allows your data usage to roll over to the next month if you don't use it.
Think I might have to do a bit more research into deals over the next few days before the plusnet deal ends

There seem to be a few good deals around at the moment.
iD are doing 3Gb/month plans for £8 and that one allows your data usage to roll over to the next month if you don't use it.
Think I might have to do a bit more research into deals over the next few days before the plusnet deal ends

it just goes to show how much people on contract are paying a month for those super fancy phones :)

I got a good deal from EE last year when I went to sim only, unlimited texts and talk 10GB of data which i can connect my lapptop to
when out and about,, which my daughter finds very handy when she can't get a connection on her phone
Seems though that not all EE contracts allow it
I like the coverage I get with EE rarely have a problem

it just goes to show how much people on contract are paying a month for those super fancy phones :)
I've always said that, if you take sim only plans and minus that cost from a contract, you generally have paid for the phone in 18 months, however usually tied to a 24 month contract.
Seems though that not all EE contracts allow it
Mine doesn't as far as I know, well it didn't when I asked anyway..

Yeah no issues at all I pushed 20gb a month through my NOTE 2 for nigh on 2 years

Thanks (y)

The lying git in shop said it wasn't allowed when I asked :(
Did I say I thought he was a lying git?

You went to the wrong shop, the Guy in my shop showed me how to set it up :)
Saves me a fortune on a wireless dongle (y)

Maybe I should have gone the the EE shop, and not spec savers in this instance?

:p

Yeah but then you'd still be a blind old git :D
(oh hang on........you still are):p

I meant all networks, not just EE. And who knows what they will do?

Nothing to "go for" its being added to my plan on the 15th of June, not that I spend much time in Europe.

EE deal includes 5 non-EU countries as well (as long as they've connected you on one of the new Max plans), so not wholly tied to EU membership.

• New industry-leading 4GEE Max plans combine generous data allowances, the fastest speeds in the UK, and allow customers to use their call, text and data allowances in 52 destinations worldwide across Europe, the USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand

http://newsroom.ee.co.uk/ee-launche...oaming-in-more-places-than-any-other-network/

Unlimited data or gtfo :p
I assume all data deals are available, but it depends on what price *you* are prepared to pay for the service.
And the amount of data you expect to use on a mobile device.
| have unlimited / unlimited & 4Gb I doubt I use 1Gb and
Personally I think 15 quid is outrageous.

I used to be on 20gb/unlim/unlim when in scotland as that was my main source of data for tethering to my laptop, i manged to talk EE into that for £30 sim only, i then went down to 4gb/unl/unl for £22 and now down to £9 so it is pretty ok.
i like a lot of data but i have realised it is better to just use a mifi for those purposes and buy the odd ad-hoc sim now for max data

...... i like a lot of data but i have realised it is better to just use a mifi for those purposes and buy the odd ad-hoc sim now for max data

(I'm confused). Does that mean you have to carry a MiFi box around with you as well as the phone?

(I'm confused). Does that mean you have to carry a MiFi box around with you as well as the phone?

only if i go to a hotel for the night and need bags of data then the mifi is my overflow device.
sometimes my work needs me to move large files arround, i have an EE mifi in my laptop bag which currentl has a 12GB 3 PAYG 12month valid sim in it. it is an unlocked device so when my 12gb runs out i will see who has the best sim only data deal.

only if i go to a hotel for the night and need bags of data then the mifi is my overflow device.
sometimes my work needs me to move large files arround, i have an EE mifi in my laptop bag which currentl has a 12GB 3 PAYG 12month valid sim in it......

Ah, now I see. (I'd never heard of MiFi til you mentioned it above).

Ah, now I see. (I'd never heard of MiFi til you mentioned it above).

yeah they are very cool it is a portable router really, has battery in it that lasts for up to about 12 hours. it means that now i can just go for a what fits me SIM only deal for my phone which was allwasy a bit anxious.
what annoys me most about phone deals is no data rollover . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Back