Eglwys-y-Mor Sant Cwyfan

Name
Jeremy Moore
Edit My Images
No
I took this in between sessions photographing red squirrels on Anglesey.

Does this composition work? I've lots more top and bottom and a bit more to the left.

_MG_4168.jpg

This is a fabulous location and i'm surprised it doesn't get more attention from the big name landscape photographers.

i like it, i have seen photos of this place and always wanted to visit. great shot

Go with the wide aspect. You've got that lovely tonal range and subtle graduation you only really see on clear cloudless days.

I like clear blue skies and their reflection but in moderation otherwise the frame feels a bit smooth.

What I'd say is your horizon is slightly higher than half way. I'd crop a smidge more keeping the aspect the same but taking off a little of the right.

Or extend the crop slightly keeping the same aspect putting a tad more on the top

To be honest I was a bit disappointed that the sky was so relentlessly clear and the sunset was really, actually, a bit dull. But it was almost completely still so I banged on the big stopper and tried some long exposures.

I'll have a look at the exact proportions tomorrow.

You know what it's like. You hope for perfection and it very rarely happens......

So keep going until you get it.

Remember you told me in @Steelo thread re the old man of storr when I said it was the best landscape ever of skye that I would get one(s) like that.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/old-man-of-storr-sunrise.650771/

Six months later I managed to get the image(s) I dreamed of and was so enthusiastic about in his thread.

I'll give you your own advice, keep at it, you'll get it and you'll be overjoyed when your vision becomes a reality.

Yes, I think I remember that. I've been in this game long enough to agree with you.

I got some far better photographs of the red squirrels than I ever dared hope for, so I can live with the (slight) disappointment over the conditions at "The church in the sea". Whatever I got there was a bonus.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post.

Back