Elan River In The Elan Valley

It looks a bit dull and flat, slightly lacking in color.Was this shot in winter? am guessing so. The tree in the foreground frames the shot well although maybe including more of it in the shot would have helped. A difficult expose with the bright sky.

My parents used to live nearby. Doesn't shout Elan valley to me, but I know bits of the river down near the dam is rocky like this. There's none of the golden colours I associate with the area

It looks a bit dull and flat, slightly lacking in color.Was this shot in winter? am guessing so. The tree in the foreground frames the shot well although maybe including more of it in the shot would have helped. A difficult expose with the bright sky.
Yes you are correct it was taken in November 2015. It was difficult to expose at the time. I will be going back again soon and hope to capture some better shots.

My parents used to live nearby. Doesn't shout Elan valley to me, but I know bits of the river down near the dam is rocky like this. There's none of the golden colours I associate with the area
It was the Elan Valley and was close to the dam, thanks for your comments.

Ah just down from the car park? Good visitor centre there. Was there any water coming over the dams at the moment? I never seem to be there when there is, only saw it once, first visit and assumed it was like that all the time :)

Back