Elan Valley - the upper Dam

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Elan Valley last year - shot whilst on the hunt for Red Kites :) Bear in mind I am NOT a Landscape togger :)

FFPbMut.jpg

Thanks for looking

Les :)

A lovely shot ! I love that area and have spent a lot of time winter camping in the various Mountain Bothies in the area plus Motorcycle Green lanning and Mountain biking. The amount of Red kites to be seen is amazing.

Last edited:
Nice one, its a pleasure not to see soft water for once.

It was rather Breezy and cold - thank you for taking the time to comment :)

A lovely shot ! I love that area and have spent a lot of time winter camping in the various Mountain Bothies in the area plus Motorcycle Green lanning and Mountain biking. The amount of Red kites in the area is a pleasure to see.

I have been around many Green lanes course on Brecon a few times with my trusty ( sadly no loner owned) Landrover :)

I did however grab a nice shot of a pair of Red Kites :) :)

DSC0128Red Kite Pair by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Thanks again guys

Given the conditions your landscape shot is fine - there is never a huge amount you can do with days like that.

Tip...re visit in the late summer or autumn - you'll get a hint of colours

The Kites shot looks good - I like that there are two birds in the frame. Makes a change :D

The image of Craig Goch dam takes me right back, it hasn't changed one iota. Nice to see it spillling too.

There's a good composition a bit further down, just over the gate.

The kites look like they're on a mission. Gigrin?

Given the conditions your landscape shot is fine - there is never a huge amount you can do with days like that.

Tip...re visit in the late summer or autumn - you'll get a hint of colours

The Kites shot looks good - I like that there are two birds in the frame. Makes a change :D

Thank you Steve- my 1st visit to the area- next time I go hopefully I have more time to explore :)

The image of Craig Goch dam takes me right back, it hasn't changed one iota. Nice to see it spillling too.

There's a good composition a bit further down, just over the gate.

The kites look like they're on a mission. Gigrin?

Thank you Dale- the Kite were over the Dam - Not Gigrin ( Never been mate) :)

Nice one Les, we stayed a few days there back in September and will be returning as soon as we can.

Its a nice place- shame its so far from me down here in Somerset :)

lovely shots

Thanks buddy :)

Both of those are very good shots - I've been there and to the Red Kite centre, and didn't get anything quite that good. I like the colour in the dam shot. Must go there again sometime. Looking at my photo, I don't think we were at the same dam - I have one with a similar tower, but I can't imagine they changed the shape of the detail on top of the roof between 2017 and your visit last year.

Last edited:
Back