Electric Sitar

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
This chap is an occasional busker in Lincoln, playing an electric sitar. I am not sure he has fully grasped the stat technique but he makes a refreshing change from most of our buskers.

The problem with photographing buskers in the city centre are mainly space. The buskers tend to put themselves fast against a wall where they, and more importantly their hat, will be safe from the thronging masses. Again, I am limited as to where I can stand and not block the way. Sometimes it doesn't matter and there are few enough shoppers and life is easy. Today, the city was fairly busy and composing was a bit hit-and-miss. These three do not include too much of the potential audience.

Busker_0000_edited-1.jpg Busker_0005_edited-1.jpg Busker_0007_edited-1.jpg

Im sorry to say they are all out of focus, I would think a slow shutter speed is to blame, looking at the people passing by ( Blurred)

Do you have the settings you used? This will be of use in fellow photographers trying to help

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Relatively interesting subject, but the composition seems a little strange and the focus is off unfortunately.

It does look like the shutter speed may have been a bit low, judging by the motion blur of the onlookers. Creatively that might work, but only if the camera was very steady and the subject too - which is unlikely for a musician in the street!

Back