Elephant Sunset.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
On the banks of the Zambezi in Northern Zimbabwe.
22624841063_b86b49ea34_b.jpg

Canon 5DIII EF400 DO mkI + 1.4x converter 1/640 ISO400 f8

Andy, before you "hang it on the wall", just check the artefacts in the sky .... presumably introduced through processing

Lovely colours on this, I would also remove the branches from the top as there is too little of them for it to work if you get what I mean, also how are you finding the 400mm f/4DO I? I'm highly considering getting one in the very near future...

Andy, before you "hang it on the wall", just check the artefacts in the sky .... presumably introduced through processing

Not quite sure what you are seeing, as I'm only using a lap top I'm probably missing something. It's a low res image on here that might be affecting it as well, I'll take a much closer look on a proper screen before printing which will be a least six months away as I haven't even built the wall it'll be hung on yet. (house renovation on going)

Not quite sure what you are seeing, as I'm only using a lap top I'm probably missing something. It's a low res image on here that might be affecting it as well, I'll take a much closer look on a proper screen before printing which will be a least six months away as I haven't even built the wall it'll be hung on yet. (house renovation on going)

Andy - can you see a kind of banded grading across the red sky - I'm only looking at it on a Laptop, but I can see it

Lovely colours on this, I would also remove the branches from the top as there is too little of them for it to work if you get what I mean, also how are you finding the 400mm f/4DO I? I'm highly considering getting one in the very near future...

Thanks Joe, I have removed the branches on another copy and agree it's better without also I know what you mean about not enough of them. If there were more it could be used to frame the the subject.

This was my first time away with this lens bought second hand for £1900.00 and a little scratched and used. Other than the looks though it's been a great lens with fast, accurate focusing and a reasonable size and weight for travel. I got rid of my 120-300 OS Sigma and am more than happy with the result.

Thanks Joe, I have removed the branches on another copy and agree it's better without also I know what you mean about not enough of them. If there were more it could be used to frame the the subject.

This was my first time away with this lens bought second hand for £1900.00 and a little scratched and used. Other than the looks though it's been a great lens with fast, accurate focusing and a reasonable size and weight for travel. I got rid of my 120-300 OS Sigma and am more than happy with the result.

Cheers for the info on that pal, I'm looking to downsize my kit bag you see and the 400mm f/4L DO IS looks to be a good option to replace the 500mm f/4L IS I have currently...

Andy - can you see a kind of banded grading across the red sky - I'm only looking at it on a Laptop, but I can see it
Ah yes Bill I can see that, I put that down to my crappy screen and low res image. Hopefully it won't be there on a good screen at a higher res. I have used this image in a book I'm having printed by Blurb, that should be delivered before Christmas so the truth will show then.

@Joeturner11 You can see a lot more images on my flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/135866984@N07/albums with most being taken with the 400 DO although mainly with a Canon 1.4x mkII converter. If you can't see the exif or want more info let me know.
If you're around my part of the world (South Wales) you'll be welcome to try it out for yourself.

Last edited:
@Joeturner11 You can see a lot more images on my flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/135866984@N07/albums with most being taken with the 400 DO although mainly with a Canon 1.4x mkII converter. If you can't see the exif or want more info let me know.
If you're around my part of the world (South Wales) you'll be welcome to try it out for yourself.

Thanks for the offer Andy :) & Link to your flickr, will check that out later and be in touch if I have any questions, thanks again :)

Joe

Back