Elgol Blue (LE)

I like that - good simple composition that declutters the scene well. Tide must have been very high.

I even like the clear sky and its certainly a different take on Elgol processing wise. I often think with photography that god might not give you what you want, but almost certainly what you need.

Nice.

I like that - good simple composition that declutters the scene well. Tide must have been very high.

I even like the clear sky and its certainly a different take on Elgol processing wise. I often think with photography that god might not give you what you want, but almost certainly what you need.

Nice.

Cheers Steve....yep, know exactly what you mean by that last sentence! Thanks for the comment.

Instantly had to look at the bigger version on Flickr. The smaller file here doesn't do it justice. It's sublime but the white frame is killing it taking up to much screen when it should be seen as big as possible. Probably in my top 5 favourite pictures from Elgol.
The toning is gorgeous.

Superb Neil, and dare I say I think its better than your mono version. Nicely processed and definitely wants printing big, framed and hanging.

Instantly had to look at the bigger version on Flickr. The smaller file here doesn't do it justice. It's sublime but the white frame is killing it taking up to much screen when it should be seen as big as possible. Probably in my top 5 favourite pictures from Elgol.
The toning is gorgeous.

Cheers Scott, appreciate the comment...take the point re the white frame.

Lovely subtle shot Neil I really liked it in mono but this wonderful.

This works so well, the jagged mountains contrasting with the smoothed out sea. Beautifully done

Nice.

Yes, I agree with that and I think that the decluttering (many Elgol pics have a lot going on in the foreground that can be distracting) is a big factor in making that picture so good. The eye is led straight into Loch Scavaig and the Cuillin.

Lovely subtle shot Neil I really liked it in mono but this wonderful.
This works so well, the jagged mountains contrasting with the smoothed out sea. Beautifully done
The bright headland on the right kills it for me, otherwise a very nice job.
Yes, I agree with that and I think that the decluttering (many Elgol pics have a lot going on in the foreground that can be distracting) is a big factor in making that picture so good. The eye is led straight into Loch Scavaig and the Cuillin.
Simply one of the best Elgol shots out there, from composition to execution. Stunning Neil!

Thanks all for the comments....much appreciated.

An excellent example of seeing a familiar view in a very different way. The placing of the rocks is perfect, and the tones grading from left to right work so well. Superb.

That's really nice mate, right up my street, I do see what Greg is saying about the headland though, does pull the eye a touch. Processing wise, love it!

Last edited:
Back