Elidir Fawr - Image added

Lovely pics Kevin. Only crit from me is that number 3 appears to have suffered from a graduated darkening affecting the top of the foreground rocks on the LHS, but that might be 'how it was'.

I’d love one minus the person. I know this is now “the thing” in landscape pictures to pose people but honestly every time the shot works better without.

2 and 3 are marvellous as would 1 be without the person. Edit - might want a bit more sky in two (less wide a crop) but a stunning picture nevertheless

I’d love one minus the person. I know this is now “the thing” in landscape pictures to pose people but honestly every time the shot works better without.

2 and 3 are marvellous as would 1 be without the person. Edit - might want a bit more sky in two (less wide a crop) but a stunning picture nevertheless

In this particular picture I disagree. Simply removing the person ruins it for me.
Recomposed you may have a point but then thats a completely different photo?

Thanks Steve I did take one without the walker will share later after work [emoji106]

I absolutely love the third shot Kevin. The composition with Moel Hebog (?) centrally is the strongest and the atmosphere is great with a bit of colour in the sky still.

For me the second suffers from graduation holding back the bight sky, but the brightest part of the scene really is the foreground so that is too hot for me.

I like 1 with the person. That whole silhouetted outcrop wouldn’t work if the outline wasn’t leading to the figure.
I agree with Neil about 2 - bit too contrasty.
3 is nice too but it would have been nice to have seen more of the lovely hills on the background and less of the rocks in the foreground :)

#1 nice, absolutely needs the figure imo. #2 Too contrasty and the bright area of shattered rocks on the left too dominant. #3 Best of the three imo, though I would make it more 'pano' and crop a bit more off the bottom.

Thanks all for your feedback much appreciated it is Moel Hebog graig indeed great summit amazing views across to Snowdon, here are some more from the evening the one without the Walker.

Elidir Fawr by Kevin OBrian, on Flickr

Elidir Fawr by Kevin OBrian, on Flickr

These are brilliant. Love the 1st one of these - one of your very best and one of the very best pictures of Snowdonia I've personally seen.

Back