Critique Ella

That's a lovely image of a beautiful young lady.
It may have been your intent throughout to capture the brighter values, hence leaning towards a higher definition?
If not, I would (and this is only personally) adjust the contrast a little, to extract a few slightly darker values; I'm sure the image could take it

That's a lovely image of a beautiful young lady.
It may have been your intent throughout to capture the brighter values, hence leaning towards a higher definition?
If not, I would (and this is only personally) adjust the contrast a little, to extract a few slightly darker values; I'm sure the image could take it
Thanks Paul, rookie mistake I didn't keep an eye on the background and my LR skills aren't quite good enough yet to rectify it. I learnt I lot from this one, and I feel I'm slowly getting there one shoot at a time.

Thanks for taking the time to comment

I think all RM is saying is increase the contrast. There needs to be black in a B&W image. Try it and see how her eyes sparkle. It doesn't need much of an adjustment.

Can't see if you have edit images on or not (doesn't show when using a phone). Will delete if you don't want it on here but this took 1 min on a phone app.

Back