Embrace the haze!

Edit My Images
No
Those easterlies have sure brought a lot of haze with them and I HATE haze!

However, in a continuing attempt to challenge myself and shoot in conditions I'm not keen on I set out yesterday evening to see if I could use that infuriating haze to my advantage and knew just the place. I also took great pleasure in going for a perverse 'central composition'! :)

The Homeland by Nicholas Livesey, on Flickr

I like this with the haze... for me, it helps make the image, creating interest

MMmmmmmmm, to me the picture is the 'background', seems the tree and stonewall just intrude.

Siabod to Tryfan? Central compositions are not perverse; as in this case, they can be powerful - and just right. Btw, to increase your hate of haze - what comes in on the easterlies here is industrial smog from Liverpool/Manchester/Leeds - particulates, NOx, etc. There's often a band of it visible up to say 600 m off the north Wales coast - there has been this week.

I really like this, I love the different levels fading off into the distance. And it has a fantastic tree!!

tons of aerial perspective, whats not to like..

MMmmmmmmm, to me the picture is the 'background', seems the tree and stonewall just intrude.

It's definitely where the eye is drawn to first but then the foreground interest draws the eye also, so adds interest.

Back