Emma mattress.. Anyone got any opinions ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone got one or something similar (ie a mattress-in-a-box) and what can you tell me about them ?

We spent a lot (£1700) a couple of years ago at John Lewis on what seemed like a good mattress at the time, but neither of us sleep well on it.
I spent many hours over almost a week trying out various different types so certainly feel that I put in the research as well as listening to the salesman's advice..

A 100 day home trial sounds appealing, but any first hand experiences would be appreciated !

We bought an Eve Sleep one a while back for a spare room (they are now a lot cheaper - grrr) which I find rather firm and uncomfortable but my wife likes. I guess I should give it longer as I've only tried it once.

We have an Eve and like it. We both like the firmness.

The one it replaced was even better but at 10 years old was past its best and (of course) was a discontinued line.

I'll be very interested in replies too. Me and the missus been toying with the idea of buying online with trial periods, so i'd also wonder how anyone got on sending mattresses back after a trial?

Do you need to squeeze it back into a box or does someone just collect and fling it in the back of the van?

Apologies to OP if i'm intruding on your thread - i'll delete if you want me to

Returns are collected as is, no need to repack. You’d need a industrial vacuum machine to get it back in the box!

The Emma Original scores well (couple more points than the Eve) on Which? if that's any help...

I'll be very interested in replies too. Me and the missus been toying with the idea of buying online with trial periods, so i'd also wonder how anyone got on sending mattresses back after a trial?

Do you need to squeeze it back into a box or does someone just collect and fling it in the back of the van?

Apologies to OP if i'm intruding on your thread - i'll delete if you want me to
Hey, the more the merrier..
Reading reviews of the Emma seems to say that there have been problems with returns, but that could be just teething problems. More of concern to me is that a few have said that the mattresses don't seem to last very long....

The Emma Original scores well (couple more points than the Eve) on Which? if that's any help...
It does indeed, but some of the reviews seem a bit too glowing to me - not saying that reviews can be bought or anything like that..

No experience of an Emma or Eve mattress, although I am fascinated by the sheer number of adverts for mattresses.

Recently I have been enquiring about a new mattress, as mine is well passed the date I should have replaced it. I currently have a Breasley 1000 pocket spring. It has been wonderful for the past 12 years. In consequence I have enquired about replacing with another Breasley. The updated one is a Breasley Uno 1000 and I have been quoted £279 locally for a king-size - details here.

I hope this helps rather than adding further confusion.

No experience of an Emma or Eve mattress, although I am fascinated by the sheer number of adverts for mattresses.

Recently I have been enquiring about a new mattress, as mine is well passed the date I should have replaced it. I currently have a Breasley 1000 pocket spring. It has been wonderful for the past 12 years. In consequence I have enquired about replacing with another Breasley. The updated one is a Breasley Uno 1000 and I have been quoted £279 locally for a king-size - details here.

I hope this helps rather than adding further confusion.
It does indeed - seems we have a fairly local stockists too!
As you say, there is a confusion of adverts all of a sudden..!

We Went to Benson for Beds and used their Test Bed, basically you both lay down how you sleep and the assistant can change the settings to show where you are in conact with the mattress, They can change the setting to give a better result. Then you go off trying the one's that meet the result of the test in the shop. We Spent about a grand on the mattress and it took about a month to get used to it.

I bet you spent more than that on your car and that you spend more time in bed than driving.

Had a king size Emma for couple of weeks so far, seem to sleep better, pretty firm when laid down, quite squishy when sat on, that probably says more about me than the mattress though, but am also flat out at work so could just be more tired lol, see how it is after another couple of weeks...

Via Amazon on Easter offer 35% off was £441.

Last edited:
1700 quid for a matress!!!! id want that to come with a gold plated bed
We don't have a lot of money to chuck around, but having bought several cheaper mattresses that haven't suited (yes, we did ask the John Lewis staff for advice and followed it) I decided to try as many as possible ignoring the price tag till I found one that seemed to be right for me. Then I took my wife along to try. She did much the same but thought a slightly cheaper one was fine, especially when the price tag was seen.
As Nod says, you spend a lot of time in a bed, and as we both have bad backs it seemed worth it, though time has made it seem less so..

Had a king size Emma for couple of weeks so far, seem to sleep better, pretty firm when laid down, quite squishy when sat on, that probably says more about me than the mattress though, but am also flat out at work so could just be more tired lol, see how it is after another couple of weeks...

Via Amazon on Easter offer 35% off was £441.
.. and this offer is coming to an end soon, hence my asking!
Good to hear from an Emma owner - do you find it hot?
Hope work quietens down soon for you..

So far not found it too bad, be better to see once we get bit warmer nights though, def a little warmer than the previous spring one but nothing like the excessively hot expected from certain reviews, in fact would say if hadn't read those probably not even noticed much difference at all, hopefully get some warmer nights to fully test before our 100 days ends....

I don't have an Emma but a work colleague does.

I was researching mattresses a while ago and she said it was great and very comfy.

She did however have to get a replacement because it was sagging, the replacement was sent hassle free and foc from what I understand.

But the sagging issue seemed to come up a bit from some reviews I remember reading at the time from people who have had the mattress a few years.

I still haven't decided on a new mattress!

I did get a Simba for a while; wasn’t impressed, so ending yo getting one off Groupon for £180 that was supposed - allegedly - to be worth over £1000; very happy with it nearly 2 years on

Back