Empire State from the High Line, night shot.

Cool idea this opposition in the dark! (y)(y)

I like that, simple but makes you want too look at it.
I liked the high line when I was there in February in the snow. That's where I made a decision to buy a better camera to try and take better photos.

Great shot.

We walked the Highline on our first day there a few weeks ago.

Couldn't help but take look at the ESB every time it came in to view :)

I like that, simple but makes you want too look at it.
I liked the high line when I was there in February in the snow. That's where I made a decision to buy a better camera to try and take better photos.

It must be amazing in the snow.
Great shot.

We walked the Highline on our first day there a few weeks ago.

Couldn't help but take look at the ESB every time it came in to view :)
We love the High Line, our daughter and her husband live in NYC so we get there when we can. This is the first time we've been by night, so pleased I had the Olympus with it's 5 way body stabilisation, all the shots I took were hand held.

I dunno, I'm afraid the photo doesn't do anything for me. The two subjects have no connection with one another, either compositionally of thematically, and neither is enhanced by the presence of the other. The completely black sky and the generally underexposed treatment don't help either; the top of the ESB is just hovering there without anything to anchor it, and that seems unnatural.

IMO, obvs. YMMV.

I dunno, I'm afraid the photo doesn't do anything for me. The two subjects have no connection with one another, either compositionally of thematically, and neither is enhanced by the presence of the other. The completely black sky and the generally underexposed treatment don't help either; the top of the ESB is just hovering there without anything to anchor it, and that seems unnatural.

IMO, obvs. YMMV.
Thanks for your comments

I don't have many photos of the high line in the snow mainly because H&M were doing a massive Photoshoot all the way along it when we were there and asked us not to take photo's. I admit it was nice seeing attractive ladies in a state of dress/undress and not to be sexist there were male models also but didn't pay them much attention.

Yes, it's sat back through a gap between two buildings. It was our first day and I was trigger happy lol

Back