Empire

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Just over a year ago I visited Wistmans Wood in the best conditions I have seen at this location. Unfortunately, it was already blue hour when the fog rolled in and transformed the woodlandand the moment only lasted 20-30mins. Luckily having visited the woods on many occasion before I knew the image I wanted!

This image from the set named "Mystical" went viral earlier this year and it is still being shared by various sites and magazines across the globe. For anyone interested all the other images I've shot from Wistmans are on my Flickr and Behance pages.

Empire by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

I'm not surprised this has been successful for you, it's magical

It’s inspiring to see such great images (these as well as your other work) from South Devon. I live in Buckfastleigh and so I know most of the locations in your photos.

Seen these on instagram but stunning images Neil as always.
That really is a lovely image Neil, and I can see why everyone wants to use it.
Beautiful image.
It’s inspiring to see such great images (these as well as your other work) from South Devon. I live in Buckfastleigh and so I know most of the locations in your photos.
Thanks guys much appreciated

Great image Neil Wistmans wood is such a photogenic location. The walk back in the dark even with a head torch would have been somewhat spooky. Have not had much time to get down to Dartmoor but your photo has reminded me to make the effort

Stunning image, Neil (y)
Also, one of the best Flickr photostreams I've had the pleasure of viewing!!
That really is an absolute stunner. Magnificent :)
Piff, would have deleted that in camera. ;)
Mind we spoke about a print swap, something for my new house. This is the one Neil. :)
I can't think of anyone producing better work just now tbh.
Absolute stunning image.
Stunning! Sort of thing I aspire to. Well done!
probably the best photos ive seen. Your eye for a scene, composure and PP is truly outstanding.
Wow, lovely image!
Great image Neil Wistmans wood is such a photogenic location. The walk back in the dark even with a head torch would have been somewhat spooky. Have not had much time to get down to Dartmoor but your photo has reminded me to make the effort
That's one to come back to agaian and again.
Outstanding shot!
Bit nice that, I love gnarly woods and this is beautiful!
Gorgeous feel to this and lovely comp.

thanks everyone, really appreciate the kind comments

Wonderful shot a real touch of magic to it. I’ve been there and it’s a fantastic place and this has really done it justice which is not an easy thing to do.

i get the impression that it didn’t need much post processing?

That's simply an awesome image! I was inspired and as I live in Exeter I took my family there today. I took some photos (light wasn't great) and compared to yours they are crap. I'm ashamed to post them

Very mystical, feel like a hobbit is about to jump out at any moment.
Thanks Russell

Wonderful shot a real touch of magic to it. I’ve been there and it’s a fantastic place and this has really done it justice which is not an easy thing to do.

i get the impression that it didn’t need much post processing?
Cheers Justin, they were taken during blue hour so they already had a blue temperature, I have however split toned the image and desaturated some of the vivid greens.

That's simply an awesome image! I was inspired and as I live in Exeter I took my family there today. I took some photos (light wasn't great) and compared to yours they are crap. I'm ashamed to post them
Its an extremely difficult place to shoot at the best of times, without good conditions it can be close to impossible!

Back