Emswothy bluebells, Dartmoor

It's been so dry here this spring that the areas out in the open like that have gone over in no time which is disappointing.
The lovely low sunlight has helped you get the almost perfect dream-like images

These are lovely Tom :)

Shame the Spring display was over and done with before I was allowed out this year!
Thanks Si :) Where are you? It's amazing how much later they are just a bit higher altitude. These were only taken two days ago so if you're really keen I can give you directions :D

Thanks Si :) Where are you? It's amazing how much later they are just a bit higher altitude. These were only taken two days ago so if you're really keen I can give you directions :D

I'm afraid that'd be a rather long trip! We're up in Lancashire, but thanks for the offer... I may have a trip out and see if there's anything still doing :)

Nice set Tom

Cracking set of images there Tom, how do I get there?

Edit, found it out through Moretonhampstead for me.

Last edited:
Google Emsworthy Barn or search for it in Flickr and look at the maps. It's quite close to Haytor on Dartmoor.
Thanks Wayne, found it now, nice ride out for me later.

Really nice images, what a lovely scene. Number 1 is my favourite, the lovely foreground rocks... there's so many nice elements here and they're so photogenic. The barn, trees, stone wall, foreground rocks, bluebells, the light is really nice.

Really nice images, what a lovely scene. Number 1 is my favourite, the lovely foreground rocks... there's so many nice elements here and they're so photogenic. The barn, trees, stone wall, foreground rocks, bluebells, the light is really nice.

Thanks Joel, you’re really spoilt for lovely compositions here!

Second for me with the leading line of the path and the closer crop but all very, very nice and perfect timing for the light :)

Dreamy, gorgeous. I've seen shots from here before but the way you've processed these and the conditions you had at the time have all come together. Number 1 is my pick with those spring greens and the breathing space allowing you to see the tops of the trees and more sky. Two is nice as well and makes the bluebells more prominent

Back