Ennerdale water long exposure

I like it, muted colours in the sky but for me it`s somehow missing something, some pop maybe..
I don`t mind the fence.

Sky and fells are lovely.
I'm not sure about the big patch of milky water though.
Is it a reservoir only until the pipeline opens?
I remember from A level geography it has a terminal moraine so it must be a lake?

I really like it. A bit of dodge and burn on the mountains might help them to "pop" a bit more, but overall, that's a lovely shot that needs printing and mounting to the wall. It'll really add a peaceful mood to a room.

Lovely light and shutter speed. I'd prefer it without the fence (not liking man-made intrusions) but it does help the composition.

Thanks John

I like it, muted colours in the sky but for me it`s somehow missing something, some pop maybe..
I don`t mind the fence.

Thanks Graham

Sky and fells are lovely.
I'm not sure about the big patch of milky water though.
Is it a reservoir only until the pipeline opens?
I remember from A level geography it has a terminal moraine so it must be a lake?

Thanks Peter
The terminal moraine is about 7 miles past the end at black sail and it is reservoir until they remove the very low dam as I understand it abstraction was planned to have stopped but protests about about popping kettles and hard water had it reinstated. It is where my drinking water is from currently.
There is only one lake in the lake district Peter this is a water others are meres.

Works well for me

Thanks Tom

That's nice Alf - the milky water works really well with the colours.

Thanks Toni

I really like it. A bit of dodge and burn on the mountains might help them to "pop" a bit more, but overall, that's a lovely shot that needs printing and mounting to the wall. It'll really add a peaceful mood to a room.

Thanks Paul

Last edited:
Very nice Alf, a place I have walked around many time- lovely walk too :)

Les

Back