Ennerdale water sunrise Now with added shot

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I went out this morning to shoot the sunsrise at Ennerdale. I was much later than I wanted to be due to road closures and having to divert my route. The weather forecast I looked at last suggested 4 mph winds so a reflection may be possible so I was not expecting waves.

I arrived in time but had a very short window before the cloud obscured the light. These shots are about 4 minutes apart.

Ennerdale sunrise by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Ennerdale sunrise 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Such beautiful colours in the sky on the first but I think I prefer the second as it’s so cold and wintery .

I like the first, even though it has warm colours, the water looks rough, wintery and cold.

Such beautiful colours in the sky on the first but I think I prefer the second as it’s so cold and wintery .

Thanks Liz it was certainly not warm

I like the first, even though it has warm colours, the water looks rough, wintery and cold.

Thanks Paul

Lovely shots. First for me. That sky this morning was amazing - shame I only saw it in the car on the way to work!

Thanks Tom
I was worried I was only going to see it from the car and the walk to the lake I missed great light before I got there and less than 10 minutes after getting there.

Great shots, that water looks wild! I prefer the second one for the more muted colours.

Thanks Andy
The water was wild and I thought I hadnt got the second shot right when i first looked a the RAW file but it looked like this so I am happy with it.

First one is something really special

Thanks

I am going to say I prefer the 1st - the closeness of the wave brings your into the action more and gives the sense of the incoming water coming in.

Interesting comment Steve

I went out this morning to shoot the sunsrise at Ennerdale. I was much later than I wanted to be due to road closures and having to divert my route. The weather forecast I looked at last suggested 4 mph winds so a reflection may be possible so I was not expecting waves.

I arrived in time but had a very short window before the cloud obscured the light. These shots are about 4 minutes apart.

Ennerdale sunrise by Alf Branch, on Flickr

by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

no 1 defo !!!
cheers
geof

Back