EOS 20D Firmware Update Version 2.0.3

S

Steve

EOS 20D Firmware Update Version 2.0.3

This firmware update (version 2.0.3) incorporates the following additions and improvements:

1. Fixes a problem in colour temperature information transmission that occurred when using Speedlite 430EX.

2. Improves reliability in communication when using CF cards.

This firmware update applies to cameras with firmware versions up to 2.0.2 installed. If your camera's firmware is already version 2.0.3, it is not necessary to perform this update.

Available from the official Canon Japanese web server EOS 20D Firmware 2.0.3

I just checked and I'm still using Version 1.1.0. Have you upgraded then Steve?

Nope...I have no issues or need to upgrade currently and unlike Ian I am a firm believer in "if it aint broke don't try to fix it" More so now that I am in Germany and have a UK version of the 20D. On saying that I am currently looking to purchase either a 430ex or 580ex flash in the near future so that may force my hand.

Just for info my 20D is running on firmware 1.1.0 as well, which is what it came shipped with.

I think I'll leave well alone too. Get the 580EX if you possibly can. Steal one if you have to.

CT said:
Get the 580EX if you possibly can. Steal one if you have to.

I think I might have to :LOL:

for my own use its appears as though the 430ex will do but I know I will miss some of the features and functions of the 580...watch this space.

If you want the canon voucher just give me a nod ;)

Ahh thanks mate, I had forgotten about that. Is that just for the 430ex or does it cover the 580ex as well and how much rebate is it?

I'm waiting for my cash back from the 430ex at the moment :banana:
The voucher is worth 35 quid back in the UK, f*** knows what that is where you are :nut:

My 20D is still on the original firmaware and todate i've not noticed any odd colour casts or shifts in colour temp, it's also never had a problem writing to my cf cards.

Steve, the voucher book also has one for 35notes back on the 580, so the choice is yours, canon have stated that they accept the voucher for the 420ex on 430 purchaces.

1.0.5 here

Think I have about 3 versions of update downloaded...maybe oneday...maybe

the 1.1.0 update i would say go for, dont bother with any of the 2.x.x updates yet, not until they actually mean something anyway ;)

I am sure the 2.2.0 update made my camera lock up, so have dropped it back to 1.1.0 to see ! lol

digitalfailure said:
I'm waiting for my cash back from the 430ex at the moment :banana:
The voucher is worth 35 quid back in the UK, f*** knows what that is where you are :nut:

Steve, the voucher book also has one for 35notes back on the 580, so the choice is yours, canon have stated that they accept the voucher for the 420ex on 430 purchaces.

Cheers for the information :thumb: I have still not decided if I can justify the cost difference between the two in my current situation. I really should bite the bullet and buy one or the other. :nut:

give the sigma 500DG super a look. More or less the same functions as the 580 at about half the cost. I haven't had any issues with mine.

Been there done that, had one, it broke, got shut and now going the Canon route.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Starting to worry me now, the number of stories going about of these things breaking :(

Back