epson A3 printer blocked heads.

The old trick was to make a distilled water ammonia mix, obtain a syringe and some thin tube.

Make up a pad using paper towel and feed it under the heads with all the cartridges removed, so the head carrier sits on the paper towel then soake the towel in the water/ammonia solution and let it sit overnight, then fill the syringe with the same solution and with the thin tube attached to the syringe attach the other end to each nipple inn the carrier and force the fluid through the heads.

It worked for me the few times I had a stubborn blockage, mostly from using fake Epson cartridges from fleabay but not needed since going over to a quality ink and a CIS system.

Worth a try as a last resort

The old trick was to make a distilled water ammonia mix, obtain a syringe and some thin tube.

Make up a pad using paper towel and feed it under the heads with all the cartridges removed, so the head carrier sits on the paper towel then soake the towel in the water/ammonia solution and let it sit overnight, then fill the syringe with the same solution and with the thin tube attached to the syringe attach the other end to each nipple inn the carrier and force the fluid through the heads.

It worked for me the few times I had a stubborn blockage, mostly from using fake Epson cartridges from fleabay but not needed since going over to a quality ink and a CIS system.

Worth a try as a last resort
cheers for that.

I've seen another one that uses window cleaner with vinegar in , get it in most cheap shops, seemed to work for him.
a update on mine, seems that the head is f***ed, quite easy to remove from printer, looks like the head had lifted in one corner.
it is a very thin bit of metal with holes that are about the size of a piece of hair, did i damage it when trying to syringe a cleaner
through the head ? possibly.
I removed the head because it was only printing half the test page, the ink was going out the side of the head , instead of the pin
holes, I only found this out when it was dismantled and cleaner syringed from the cartridge side and I could see at back
what was happening , I also read that if you remove the head on a epson printer , you will need software to reset it.
where you get that from god knows?.

Tried all these 'solutions' with my previous clogged head Epson's, and i've had a few, all that worked for me was throwing it the bin and buying some other make.

Good luck.

Go have a look on Printheadhospital site I'm an ex printer engineer and use their kits. Great stuff that works most times and is inexpensive.

I run a very old R300 printer and have got a set of "printer cleaning cartridges". These have worked well for me in the past, though I don't do much printing these days.

If you do an internet search for "Epson Inkjet cleaning cartridges" you will find plenty of suppliers, eg Amazon, various sites on eBay, as well as some of the suppliers of cartridges (both genuine and compatible) on the internet.

Hope this might help.

Tried all these 'solutions' with my previous clogged head Epson's, and i've had a few, all that worked for me was throwing it the bin and buying some other make.

Good luck.
100% same for me Epson known for heads clooging and that's it end game.

Hi, OK I have the same problem with my R1900 and found this on Youtube
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRZU1_XD7xE

However he uses an American WINDEX window cleaner that has the correct mixture of required components in it's make up so anyone no what the UK or EU equivalemt is please? Thank You, Russ
Hi, Bought a window cleaning solution that stated 'no extras of this and that included' had nothing to loose, added at a 10 to 1 solution the cleaner and ammonia, did as in the video, soaked over night, did a print test and got 95% clean heads now just waiting on some extra inks to do auto head cleaning but printing of a test sheet each day to keep clear what is clear at the moment. Russ

Back