Epson Expression Photo XP-1500... thoughts

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to get an A3 printer and have narrowed it down to the Epson XP 1500, seems good from the reviews but as always reviews are a bit hum ho, if they were supplied by the manufacturer.

So, is anyone using the said printer or has anyone used the same printer and moved on for whatever reason ???

I don't want to spend a fortune on a printer for my own use and for friends / relations and I think that the Epson seems very reasonable for what it does.

Oe are there better options for the price ??? , must be at least a 6 ink systems as these seem to produce better quality prints.

A quick point from someone who uses a 10 ink A3 printer for his own use & not as often as maybe I should.

I use the Canon pro-10, the quality is excellent. It is very easy to use & wouldn't now trade it.

Yes, the Inks are NOT CHEAP.. £90 for the 10 inks but the images all get framed.
Would I buy another - possibly
Do I think I brought the right one - Yes
Can I do this CHEAPER - YES - just take images to the local photo shop that has a decent printer.. lol

& I have probably only printed 40 A3 images..

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Pete
had a look at the printer you use and it is a bit OTT for what I need to be honest, and the price is a bit more than I would like to pay, nearly twice as much as the Epson.

I know there is a saying, buy cheap - buy twice but in this case I think might have to bite the bullet and go for a middle of the range printer. I don't think I could justify the outlay and running costs of the Canon. Many thanks for your reply though, much appreciated.

Do yourself a favour - try & work out how many prints you will make over 5 years.
Then add a full set of inks each year, also the cost of the paper + 'frames' & this will give you an idea of the running costs.
The cost of the printer is usually lower....

Back