Epson P-2000 Storage / Viewer

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
It does look nice. I tried to do a deal with Mypix on the Nikon Coolwalker he's selling, then realised I was being a bit slow as I have a Sony Vaio 40gig mp3 player which also does photo storage, so I dug it out and RTFM. :LOL: Unfortunately it only works for jpegs. but the time I spent dowloading stuff as a trial convinced me I'd far rather spend the money on some extra 1 gig CF cards than be buggering about 'in the field' with cables and download times.

Having said that if you're going to be away from home for an extended period, like a week or more, I can see the attraction, although the potential for losing a LOT of shots if anything goes wrong with it is a bit worrying.

Well its good that it supports RAW but it says it looks soft. Slow to copy data from CF too. Looks like a nice unit. If the battery life is better than the Flashtrax its looking better :)

It doesn't matter about the Raw files looking soft on the screen.
All you use the screen for really is to check that your images have copied across, before formatting your memory card for the next round of piccies.

Matt: your siggy's now all Greek to me. :) What's this 1Ds MkII complex you have, eh? Are you trying to tell us something? :)

Mmmm... I've been very tempted to buy a Flashtrax (under £200 at A J Purdy for the 20GB version) but I really don't want another gadget. Yes I do. No I don't....

I go on me hols next week, for a week, weakly, and I'm taking 2.5GB of CF cards. Since I'll be shooting in JPEG, that should give me space for upwards of 800 images. That's 22 rolls of film. I don't want to take any more than that. I'll bore myself stupid looking at them. :D

silkstone said:
Matt: your siggy's now all Greek to me. :) What's this 1Ds MkII complex you have, eh? Are you trying to tell us something? :)

Don't know what your on about Silky, is that Yorkshire air doing something to you? :D

CT said:
It does look nice. I tried to do a deal with Mypix on the Nikon Coolwalker he's selling, then realised I was being a bit slow as I have a Sony Vaio 40gig mp3 player which also does photo storage, so I dug it out and RTFM. :LOL: Unfortunately it only works for jpegs. but the time I spent dowloading stuff as a trial convinced me I'd far rather spend the money on some extra 1 gig CF cards than be buggering about 'in the field' with cables and download times.

Having said that if you're going to be away from home for an extended period, like a week or more, I can see the attraction, although the potential for losing a LOT of shots if anything goes wrong with it is a bit worrying.

hmm, lol, i to have a Sony Vaio lappy with a 40 gig HD, and the coolwalker or the Epson p2000 is a fraction of the weight and size of the lappy, and will last ages on a single battery charge
and as for having to use cables etc in the field, well, all u got to do is swap out the CF card from one to another , but i do know u were refering to the lappy , lol

the transfer rate on the portable HD's is fast , and i have had no probs ith my P2000, but i havnt used the Nikon yet ?

and to be honest, the only real reason for getting one is to save ur RAW files,
as the CF cards i had would of held thousands of jpg images, but only about 70 RAW's

as for comparing them between each other, well there was a review some months back in one of the mags between about six of em , you pays ur money and takes ur choice jobby really( but the Nikon and the Epson come out on top :wink: )

MP :)

btw, still open to offers on the brand new (7 weeks and unused ) Nikon Coolwalker 8) that cost £399 to start wiv :crying:

Stated battery life is 3 1/2 hours on a rechargeable lithium battery. Doesn't say if it's removable though.

Steep said:
Stated battery life is 3 1/2 hours on a rechargeable lithium battery. Doesn't say if it's removable though.

if ur talkin about the P2000, yes it is removable, its the same style as used in the Fuji upright cameras, like an NP80 but longer,

hope this helps
MP

Matt said:
Spare battery for the P2000 (fancy naming it after a tyre) costs £50.

so do the batteries for my Nikon D70, but u can get em for £3.99 on ebay , lol

MP :wink:

Back