Epson P3800 not laying down ink.

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
Any thoughts on this from Epson Stylus Pro owners.

I use Vuescan and NikonScan/Win 10. The the print dialogue runs normally, previews are fine. The paper feeds, and goes through all the motions, but a blank sheet of paper comes out. I mean virgin white, not a drop of ink - this isn't a blocked jet problem, in fact I cleaned the head only in December, and was getting a decent test pattern.

The same from the printer menu on Printer Status and Nozzle Check prints. It is using ink though, and the maintenance tank is apparently filling up.

The problem dates, I think, to when I temporarily removed the USB lead to run a scanner, almost certainly when the printer was switched on.

I know that this is an old machine now, but it is in perfect condition and only shows 900 odd sheets on the counter.

Just a thought.......

Have inadvertently selected double sided print....and the first pass is a non existent second page? Though AFAIK all manual duplex printing dialogues then ask you to turn the page over!

Sorry BB, I missed your reply.

No, its something more fundamental than that. I just haven't a clue what.
No worries......and I hate a mystery :thinking:

A back to basics question.....

How about uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it?

Also, ditto for the software you mention?

I've re-installed the software, but not the printer driver. Good thought.

Ok, daft question.......does it print a 'test print' from the properties tab on the driver???

Well, that got off to a bad start, I can't get the software back onto my PC.

Just what do you mean?

For example when you run the installer is it telling you that it is not suitable for Windows 10, if so then try installing it in compatibility mode?

Back