Epson printer problem/cure

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a problem with my Epson printer today that I've never seen before, basically it wouldn't recognise any of the 6 ink cartridges. I tried various things to clear it but in the end what worked (phew!) was to go through the replacement ink routine, lift each cart out in turn and fit it straight back in again. The printer charged as per normal and the carts were all recognised.

My printer is an R200 and I honestly thought it was goosed, I was quite thankful that the fix worked.

I have had it do it on rare occasion with the R220 - dunno what causes it but taking out and replacing the same ink seemed to work for me (I think). Never had it with my R300. Were your Inks genuine Epson?

No m8, I never buy genuine inks. The carts in the printer had been working fine (and still are now) and had been installed at different times. I'm hoping it was just a glitch and not a sign that the printer is on the way out, it's a year and a half old now and this is the first problem I've seen with it.

The ones I had problems with werent geniune either - I have had the occasional thing like that for ages. Printer still seems fine :)

Mmmmm. Bizarre the only problems I had with Epsons was the banding issues we have discussed in the past.

Never heard of that before.:shrug:

On a side note since making the move from Epson to Canon printers I have never had a problem as yet... Fingers crossed..:D

Back