Epson R3000 ink problems

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
We have a Epson R3000 at our camera club, after the chrismas shutdown we are having trouble getting ink through the heads.
A Permajet CISS is fitted, all the bottles are full, the carts are full, the lines have no bubbles and the lines to the printhead are full. There are a few blocked jets on a couple of colours but the Cyan is almost totally blocked.
Does anyone know what colour to print that would only use the cyan ink?
I have tried printing the cyan hex #00ffff but its using other ink as well. I am hoping to just be able to use the one ink to purge it through, rather than wasting ink cleaning all colours. I have tried the Epson R3000 service program but that wont recognise the carts.

You could try Marrutt ink purge files, they do the lot or each colour individually. That's what I used for my R3000 and PJ CIS [I even enlarged the individual colour image to get more purging]-
Good Luck - eventually my R3000 went in the bin after too many occurrences of this, However your club is probably using your 3000 very frequently so all you need do in future is put a full ink purge image through it once a week. If you think that's a waste of ink, believe me it's a darn sight cheaper than binning the printer.

http://www.marruttusa.com/printer-maintenance/inkjet-printer-purge-files.php
Jamie

Thanks for the reply Jamie - I have the purge files from marrutts, tried doing what they do on their videos on youtube as well. The purge files seem to be mixing the inks to get the colours though.
I remember years ago there was a program that would let you clean individual colours on the head but I cant find anything like that now :-(

cant you disconnect the ones that are blocked and syringe a cleaner into the head?
The cartidges run tubes into smaller carts on the head - dont want to risk damaging anything in there

Who needs a program to do that :thinking:

Try it on an Epson, when you head clean it uses all the cartridges. Wastes ink.

cant you disconnect the ones that are blocked and syringe a cleaner into the head?
Oops! That worked for me on my Epson 2880 because the cartridges sit on and move with the head, BUT because the 3880 and for that matter the SCP600 use tubing between the static cartridges and the moving head, when I tried to do exactly what you suggested all I got was the sound of a Fizz Putt and something above the cartridges blew which made the R3000 BER.

As a result of two Epson printers hitting the skip I moved to Canon Pixma Pro which allows me to replace an entire head for about 80-90 USD. Though some smart*rse on here suggested I was an ass as replacing the head on an Epson was a doddle without mentioning that the cost of the new head is greater than the cost of a completely new printer!

The cartidges run tubes into smaller carts on the head - dont want to risk damaging anything in there

Try it on an Epson, when you head clean it uses all the cartridges. Wastes ink.

Frankly I think wasting ink is the least of your problems as I mentioned before spending money on some ink is peanuts compared to having to buy a new printer, you are already economising using Permajet and they sell 125ml bottles, so just waste the ink and get it clean for goodness sake.

Frankly I think wasting ink is the least of your problems as I mentioned before spending money on some ink is peanuts compared to having to buy a new printer, you are already economising using Permajet and they sell 125ml bottles, so just waste the ink and get it clean for goodness sake.

At £25 a bottle and almost £200 a set wasting ink is expensive, which is why I'm trying to find a better way.

Back