Epson R3000 waste ink tank

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone installed a waste ink tank on the R3000, please.
where did you buy your tank from?? and what weekly maintenance checks do you do......if any.
Thanks
Dave

waste tanks are just a couple of rubber pipes, connectors and a tube.

other than emptying it there is nowt else to do

should get them on ebay

Cheers Mate, Toonie that looks better than the one I just found on eBay, thanks for your help.
Dave

Last edited:
Cheers Mate, Toonie that looks better than the one I just found on eBay, thanks for your help.
Dave

You're welcome Dave, Not used the one for the 3000 but have one for the 1400 & that came with clear fitting instructions & works a treat.

Toonie

Just found this place after a few folks started pinging our stats pages so a quick intro.. I am Martin from OctoInkjet (mentioned by @Toonie above - thanks btw ;)).

We do have a kit for the R3000 but I wanted to ask if there's anyone who is located in or near South Yorkshire with an R3000 who would be happy to go on a little road trip in return for a free waste kit fitting.

Short version long is that I'm re-shooting the installation instructions for almost all of our printers, to make them more user friendly (like this one for the PX730WD and brethren) but as you can imagine, buying an R3000 printer in, just to install a waste kit and sell it again is a bit of a "costly" exercise so I'd like to kill two birds with one stone if anyone is wanting a free kit and is willing to spend an hour in our fine company while I install a kit and take a heap of photos/video of the process.

Important Point: Obviously we'd be disassembling the printer enough to fit the kit but no hole drilling (unless specifically requested by printer owner), so if that makes you nervous, please don't offer.

If you are interested then please ping me via PM, email or via our site (as linked)... Cheers... :)

And just to note, that's not to say that our instructions for the R3000 are bad, it's just that I know we could do it better. Thanks in advance for any interest.

In case anyone was thinking about taking me up on the request/offer above.. I've managed to source an R3000 now so it's not longer relevant although happy to fit a kit for a local if requested. Cheers...

Where IS said waste cart?
.p.

Plumbean mate, this thread is from years ago :D

Just in case you mean you want to know where the waste "cart" goes... I did my Epson R2880 and it was a very easy mod to carry out, just a 10 minute job. The waste container just sits at the side of the printer, or at least it does with the mod kit I bought.

Hope that helps.

Plumbean mate, this thread is from years ago :D

Just in case you mean you want to know where the waste "cart" goes... I did my Epson R2880 and it was a very easy mod to carry out, just a 10 minute job. The waste container just sits at the side of the printer, or at least it does with the mod kit I bought.

Hope that helps.
Date of op noted ;)

Fellow 2880 owner here. What are the advantages of this pipe?

I suppose you know this but I'll say it in case anyone doesn't...

Inkjet printers waste a lot of ink which goes into some sort of pad or reservoir or something in the printer somewhere and eventually the printer thinks it can't take any more and issues an error message. Something then has to be done. You could send the printer off to be fettled by replacing or emptying the pad / reservoir but that could be expensive and eventually you'll need to do it again and again if you keep the printer long enough.

Another way around this is to somehow disable the error state and find somewhere else for the waste ink to go and that's where these external reservoir kits come in. I bought a one time error reset key and the external reservoir kit and it all went very smoothly. Removing the R2880 panel to get access to the pipes is easy and making the hole for the pipe to leave the printer was easy too and I managed it without even needing a drill. I just pressed a small screwdriver onto the panel and rotated it and made a nice neat hole just the right size and the external reservoir just sits at the side of the printer now.

I was about to send my printer off to Epson but I was a bit worried about transit and Googling got me to these kits so I thought "why not." If anyone gets a waste reservoir full error message I'd recommend at least looking at these kits as they seem to be a cheap and convenient problem solver.

Back